Part 3.1

(Previously: Erich and Feit take care of the pirates, but Trip is shot with a poisonous bullet. Feit summons Dr. Azmeck to help.)

Feit watched over Trip as Erich gathered the tied-up pirates to incarcerate. Cutlass was the designated spotter. He paced back and forth, keeping an eye out for the doctor. It wasn't long before he saw a man wearing a white doctor's outfit approaching.

"Well blow me down--a doctor, are ye?" Cutlass yelled. "Me buccaneer be hurt!"

Dr. Azmeck rushed to a stop, holding his back, slightly slumped, and stared at the pirate-looking fella. "Why yes, I'm a doctor, but no MD," he said exquisitely.

"Me lad be this way!" Cutlass said, grabbing him with his one arm and tugging him along.

"I can't guarantee the service I'll provide, however," Azmeck said as Cutlass took him near the Central Park. They reached Trip, and Azmeck looked over his wound.

"Ah, I see," Azmeck nodded. "Well I have an emergency medical kit in my laboratory."

Trip began to drift out consciousness, so Cutlass shook Azmeck by the coat.

"Me buccaneer needs ye now!" Cutlass demanded.

"Calm down," Feit said. "He can teleport it."

Azmeck laid a pad on the damp floor and activated transportation. A medical kit soon appeared on the pad and Azmeck removed a utensil from it.

Trip woke up from the sight of it. "I-i-is it clean? It-it has to be clean!"

"Don't you worry," Azmeck assured him and put the device in his shoulder. He was going to touch the bullet and disintegrate it, but the bullet had already ejected somehow. Trip slightly grunted as Azmeck reached in his kit and removed a syringe.

"I-I hate needles. I-I hate needles!" Trip exclaimed, panicking.

Azmeck stuck the needle in him anyway. "Now calm down, son. The bullet released poison in your blood stream, and we must eradicate the substance from your body lest you die."

Trip continued to grunt but calmed down. He was no longer sweating and could breathe normally. "Th-th-thanks," he said. His eyes started to roll back into his skull from the pain but his panicking was gone.

Azmeck nodded and looked over at Feit. "That wire tourniquet seemed to have saved his life."

"Well thank him, not me," Feit said, pointing at Erich, who approached.

Azmeck looked over his shoulder to see Erich dragging thousands of pounds behind him--more specifically a dozen knocked-out and tied-up pirates.

"Is he OK?" Erich asked.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," Dr. Azmeck said, retiring his equipment and closing his medical kit.

"Thank you," Erich said. He then recognized the doctor. "Wait a minute, aren't you Dr. Azmeck?"

(How does Erich know Dr. Azmeck? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)