Part 3.4

(Previously: Vecto eliminated multiple pirates but more board the ship.)

Vecto stepped over bodies as a gravity wave vibrated across the ship. Gravity was lifted and bodies began to float. Yet coming from the bridge was another pirate. He stepped from the bridge, wearing magnetized boots to keep him on the surface. Vecto analyzed him as he took slow steps. It appeared he was a middle-aged pirate officer. His black, enhanced armor was splashed with green, bearing an insignia. He was brave enough to go without a helmet, revealing the many scars on his face as the few strands of blond hair adorning his head hovered in the air. In one hand was a double-bladed sword. In the other was a hand-held force field device, which created a barrier in front of most of his body.

Casket spun his two-sided blade in front of him as if a staff, clutching the center handle. "I'm not like those pawns," he said as he looked past the floating bodies to Vecto. "I am a superb fighter who has sent legions of men to their graves. With my Obitus, I will kill you!"

Casket spun the sword in the air and kicked a body at Vecto. He then propelled himself at Vecto with reverse magnetism as Vecto knocked the body aside. One of the blades of Obitus crashed into Vecto's head as Casket spun around and slammed the other end into Vecto's side. But there was no blood drawn accompanying the strikes. Casket stood in awe as his blades didn't even make the slightest cut. Barely a scratch.

"Ow," Vecto joked, grabbing the blade. "So you guys must be after me."

"Who are you!" Casket yelled, straining to yank his sword from his grip, amazed at the power of his suit.

Vecto brought the blade up and bent it by sucking its carbon bonds. "I'm the renegade robot, you see," he said. His fake human image then slowly faded to reveal his orb.

The pirate was speechless, letting his Obitus sword go as he leaped back, wading through the bodies.

"Now, what do you want with me?" Vecto asked.

The man was unresponsive as his boots magnetized to the floor and he kept his shield in front.

Vecto returned to his human image and flipped the sword around to point the other blade at him, using the bent end as a handle.

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about! We're just here to raid the ship."

"Oh ... my apologies then," Vecto said, thinking they were looking for him instead. He tossed the sword back at Casket. "I suggest you leave, then."

Casket snatched it as Vecto walked over to a panel to open the sealed half of the hall. Vecto figured the guards were gone by now. The blockade lifted back into the ceiling, but a female stood before him, pointing her rifle at his chest.

Casket took the advantage to attack Vecto once more. He leaped and came down with his sword, striking Vecto's back. Once again, it had no effect. But more fearsome then Vecto was the stare from the woman's mechanical eye. The pirate's eyes bulged as the female quickly lifted her sniper rifle and blasted him between the eyes-close-range. The bullet grazed by Vecto's unresponsive head.

"Give it up, Vecto! I'm the one after you," she said as Casket's body floated back, leaving a trail of blood.

(Who is this woman, and what does she want with Vecto? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)