Part 5.5

(Previously: Vecto reveals that he is a robot to Magnatronian guards, and they open fire.)

Vecto's shield took the pulse beams head on. The conversation didn't go the way he expected. He reached out with his invisible hand. The outer shield sucked in and quickly popped out, blasting a current of air at the soldier to knock him to the wall.

They were ready for the offensive, against what appeared to be a motionless orb, when they saw someone approaching.

"Attention!" a stern voice yelled. A man in a high-ranking officer's armor, white in color, approached them as the Magnatronians immediately backed away and took position with feet together and hands saluted.

"I apologize for their rash behavior--attacking without orders," the officer said to Vecto and Azmeck, who was now yards away from the action. "You speak of Gyro and A44G. What's your name and number, soldier?"

Vecto returned his disguise and stood straight. "Vecto Botland, sir. Number 52224712. Requesting travel to the Ondrea sector. Good to see you again, Commander Keefe."

The fifty-year-old officer made a slight laugh. "Ah, Vecto Botland, the one true Terran robot we actually like. Well its admiral now, soldier, so you'd better get used to it. Been quite some years, hasn't it? Heard you got into some ruffles on Acaterra. I assume you're well?"

"Affirmative," Vecto said nodding.

"Good! Then let's prepare you a copter," Admiral Keefe said. "Any friend of Gyro's is a friend of ours."

"Requesting a guest to accompany me," Vecto stated, pointing at Azmeck.

"Indeed," Azmeck said, "If it is not too much trouble, that is. I am Dr. Az--"

"I am fully aware who you are, Dr. Azmeck. I will personally see to it that you can come aboard. Just hope you have a strong stomach," he said with a laugh. But despite his eased demeanor, his dark gray face looked worn from decades of combat. The admiral's sharp gaze looked into the eyes of a nearby soldier. "Open these bay doors and prepare the Etta for flight!"

"Yes sir!" the soldier replied, then made commands through comlink in his helmet.

"And you two," the admiral looked at the soldiers who attacked Vecto without orders. "Give me five hundred. On the double!"

"Yes sir!" they both said. They immediately did one-arm handstands and did pushups using one index finger.

Admiral Keefe then looked back at Vecto as the massive bay doors began to slide open behind him. "Come with me. We've got lots of catching up to do, don't we?"

(How do Vecto and Admiral Keefe know each other? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)