Part 4.6

(Previously: Vecto is caught as an imposter and defends himself against the Corona workers.)

Vecto, with the oversized body of Trevor, suddenly jumped in the air over a desk and landed in front of the real Trevor. The worker's jaw dropped, not believing he was seeing himself. His knees quaked as his hands shivered in fear. Even his snack dropped from his numb hand.

Vecto snatched the snack bar as it fell, and Trevor passed out, crashing to the floor.

"Bring the guards!" Haggleworth yelled, but there was no reply from anyone else. He was the last one left.

Vecto slowly turned around to look at him. "It's your turn, and it's inevitable." He slowly paced toward Haggleworth.

"Don't kill me! Don't kill me!" the supervisor pleaded, dropping to his knees. "Please, spare me!"

Vecto stepped in front of him and yanked him by his uniform's collar. "I detect that you're hungry. Allow me," Vecto said, shoving the deteriorating veggie snack in his mouth and tossing him across the room.

Haggleworth's bulky body crashed into a stack of containers, followed by the sound of a door swishing open. Two armored Coronan guards rushed in.

"Where's the intruder!" a guard said, snapping his gun around the room and settling it at Officer Haggleworth, who was lying on the ground, bruised.

"Mm, mm!" the boss' stuffed and muffled voice said. His hand trembled in the air as he pointed at Vecto, who was now disguised as a worker and was leaving through the door.

"Hey you!" the guards yelled. They ran through the entranceway, but the intruder disappeared.

"We'll do a search. Flag the right! Don't let anyone leave without being cleared, understand?" a guard ordered the other.

But Vecto was right next to them, in the guise of a crate. When they cleared the area, he slid across the floor, hiding behind machinery as he eventually made his way to a cart stacked with more energy crates on it. The gauges on them read empty.

"Hey, Drew!" a guard told a worker. "Sorry, but we gotta check your I.D. before you can pass. We've got a changeling trespasser around here.

Vecto noticed the worker was the guy who carried the crates up.

"Sure thing," Drew said as he lifted the last crate and put it on the cart. His hand stung, but he shook it off, then showed his TAC.

When he was all cleared, he left the room and pushed the hover cart down the hall to the elevator.

"I'm going up," a voice said behind him.

The worker turned around to see a middle-aged man with a goatee. "Sure thing." He took a better look. "Hey, aren't you that guy from TV?" he asked.

Vecto kept silent, wondering if he was busted.

"Um ... Robert! That's it. Robert Newman, isn't it?" he squealed in joy. "My name's Drew. I watch your liberty news show all the time!"

Vecto nodded as the elevator chimed.

"You're voice sounds different on TV though ..." he said slowly, but then his eyes brightened, and Vecto let out a sigh of relief. "Can I have your autograph?"

Vecto hesitated. He didn't even know this Robert Newman guy's signature.

"Wait, I thought I had my stylus here somewhere," the worker said, checking his pockets.

Luckily, he couldn't find one.

"Well here, you take this elevator then, Mr. Newman! I've gotta go down anyways, and I'm gonna need the space for the cart."

Vecto nodded and smiled as he stepped in the elevator, making a kind gesture with his hand to say thanks.

"I'll be watching your show!" the worker said with a big smile. "Nice to meet you!"

The elevator doors slammed shut. Finally, Vecto was free.

(Now that Vecto is safe, where will he go next? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)

Be sure to tell others about Vecto with the hashtag #WhoisVecto and if you can, please pre-order Vecto: Voyage on Amazon at http://amzn.to/1SErRma.