Part 3.6

(Previously: Accura and Erich show up, and the pirate ship breaks away from the hull, leaving a hole in the Corona with Vecto inside.)

Soon, the air settled, and gusts of oxygen burst from vents below. Erich floated in the blood-stained hall, upset he couldn't save Rob, as the gravity finally returned, forcing him to land on his back.

"I could have saved him ..." Erich said to himself as he rolled over and pounded his fist on the ground.

"Don't worry about him," Accura said, not wanting to tell anyone he was really Vecto. Besides, the robot was her target, not someone else's to take the bounty. Especially not this kid, she thought. She knew well what kind of suit this guy wore. But why did he call Vecto: Rob? Was it the identity Vecto assumed?

"Come on; let's not dwell on it," Accura said, resting her sniper rifle on her shoulder, pleased that her earlier-broken legs had healed in just a few days. "There may be more pirates on board to round up."

***

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Erich, Vecto was still alive, floating in space. He had ditched his human image and clung his orb to the hull of the ship. He rolled around for a bit among the exchange of firepower, analyzing the pirate ship still battling with the Corona. The bright blasts blurred by, distorted as all light trailed behind the ships due to their speed. It appeared every time the ship fired, it left an opening in its shield.

"I've had enough of this petty attack," Vecto muttered as his orb glowed. More blasts shuttered by in silence as all sound was lost in space. Vecto waited, figuring the seconds between each blast, distance, and speed. Two seconds and twenty-four milliseconds between each shot, 0.9034 gap, 4.2563 degrees, 98.6736 yards, 2,978 miles per hour. He quickly timed the attack and catapulted from the Corona's hull as if a cannon launched him toward the enemy ship.

A blast fired from the pirate ship, streaming past Vecto's orb as he zipped through the opening created for the blast. His circular body smashed into the enemy ship, it penetrated the hull and ripped into a dark room. Automatically, a barricade sealed the breach in the hull as the orb clanged on the floor and rolled to a lonely pirate's foot.

"Huh?" the pirate mumbled, apparently drunk, looking down at the orb rolling across the floor. "Is it a bomb?" he slurred, tilting his head, curious as to why it didn't blow up.

As if magic, the orb lifted in the air and hovered before the pirate. The enemy blinked his eyes twice as a yellow translucent shield formed into a human body. But what startled him the most was that the image was him.

"Even worse ..." Vecto's delayed response echoed in his ears.

Vecto raised his hand, and he began disintegrating his surroundings, including the pirate and his brief squeal. Junk parts from the room and pieces of walls smashed into Vecto's body as he sucked carbon from the room at maximum.

It not only affected the room, but the whole side of the ship. The pressure mounted, causing the ship's side to buckle inward. The force of the pressure immediately snapped the ship in two. One half of the pirate vessel crashed into the Corona, and the other half exploded. The first half then blew up, scattering fireless pieces in space as if they were smashed watermelons, but Vecto was somewhere ... alive. His orb crashed onto the damaged hull of the Corona as brilliant colored pieces silently scraped by.

(Now that the pirates are taken care of, what new challenges will Vecto face? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)