Part 3.5

(Previously: Vecto finds out from a pirate named Casket that the pirates aren't after him. A woman with a mechanical eye, however, is after Vecto and kills Casket.)

"Give it up, Vecto! I'm the one after you," the woman said as Casket's body floated back, leaving a trail of blood.

"So you listened through the wall," Vecto said. "And I bet you scanned through the barrier as well to see my orb, Accura."

"You remembered my name, huh?" Accura said, gliding back to make room for mobility as she kept her rifle pointed at his chest, her mechanical eye pinpointing the location of his orb.

"So what brings you on this voyage?" Vecto queried, not even bothering to attack.

"I planted spyware on Dr. Azmeck's balcony and overheard him say that he was going to load you on this ship. Only a fool would believe you were dead without presenting your orb," she said, referring to the battered body that Streamline fooled the police with.

"And these attackers?" Vecto asked, motioning to the bodies hovering around him.

"Have nothing to do with me," Accura said. "I work alone."

"Well then, how about--" Several disks and bombs launched toward them, cutting off his words. Vecto quickly snatched a disk inches from Accura's face and used his shield to block the bombs. The explosions ripped through the other half of the hall, dented the wall and cracked the thick windows of the hull. Accura quickly cartwheeled to the side while she sniped at the incoming pirates. She floated back against the wall behind a barrier as Vecto turned to face them.

Before he retaliated, the entranceway to the hall behind him opened and a figure floated through it in zero gravity. It was Erich, coming to fight the pirates. But he in turn was startled to find Rob instead.

"Rob?!" he said, and then looked over to see a black, Japanese-looking female against the wall with her sniper rifle at the ready.

Accura motioned with her gun for him to take cover as several pirates rushed from the bridge, blazing bullets their way. Erich kicked himself to the wall panels for cover as Vecto zigzagged toward the enemies.

Vecto knocked several down until he reached the one guarding the viaduct. He punched the guy in the face and knocked his gun in the air. As the guy's body flipped horizontally, Vecto then kneed him in the back and elbowed him in the chest, letting his limp body bounce off the ground. More pirates stood inside the bridge, waiting for him, and immediately fired.

Vecto grabbed the downed pirate's gun floating in the air and fired back, killing them as he approached, as light from the gun flashed across his body. They all fell to the floor dead, except one. The pirate was injured, yet managed to reach for a panel and clicked the hatch button.

A door from the bridge crashed on top of a body as the bridge broke away from the Corona's hull, retracting back into the enemy ship. It left a large hole in front of Vecto as air sucked out into space, followed by the whirlwind of dead bodies. But Vecto stood, locked to the floor by his shield as bodies slapped into him, flapping into space. He watched as Erich and Accura grabbed hold of handles on the wall, but he remained standing, watching them as the safety hatch overhead fell to save them, blocking him from their view once more.

(How can Vecto escape without Erich finding out he's a robot? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)