Part 5.2

If you have Mario Maker for the Wii U, check out Vecto: Vengeance -- Chapter 1! The level code is 271A-0000-01C9-9154.

(Previously: As the Corono approaches planet Hodos. Vecto plans to visit Gyro's grave.)

With a soft touchdown, the Corona ship rested on the sparsely grassed, white-and-black patched ground of planet Hodos. Coronan guards blocked the exit as only ranked officers were allowed to leave. Dr. Azmeck walked by uniformed guards with Feit, headed for the robotic storage bay to retrieve Vecto's orb.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Feit asked.

"Ah, yes, I will need his orb for my study," Azmeck nodded. "It's just speculation, but I believe his system may be ternary, having positive, negative, and neutral base coding instead of binary system machines typically use. Assuming that's the case, if I can link that programming to the logos compounds hagios, kakos, and artios, perhaps I can communicate directly to his system to find the cause to his dementia."

Feit tipped his head to the side.

"The fundamental properties of thought," Azmeck explained. "Good, bad, and undecided. Some speculate those properties make up the subatomic particles quark, leptons and force carriers."

Feit tilted his head even more.

"Dinishmen technology already exists that allows people to insert their thoughts in other people's minds," Azmeck got to the point. "And the conduit is a ternary machine. So if Vecto is trit-based ... voila, problem solved. We can communicate to him via thought and may be able to find what data is corrupted."

"If you say so," Feit replied. "You're the scientist."

The two were granted access to the storage room and walked past rows of robots. Something was different. Feit noticed an entire section of these manufactured machines were missing, with pieces of scrap metal adorning the floor as if it was a clearing patch in the midst of a forest. He suspected what happened but kept quiet as they made their way to Azmeck's clucky robot--supposedly encompassing Vecto's orb. Yet when they approached the machine, Azmeck noticed its chest was split open--with Vecto's orb missing.

"Holy Rama!" Azmeck yelled, stumbling back. His robot, Mike, was still deactivated, its head lowered--and no sign of Vecto. "This is catastrophic! Oh my, oh my, oh my, what are we to do? What if he's on another killing spree?"

Feit was calm as he looked inside the robot and studied it. "I doubt that," Feit said. "It seems the metal has had quite the time to reform. I suspect Vecto freed himself yesterday, and since we haven't heard of any murderous killing spree, I assume he's staying low, undetected."

"My word! Did you bring the energy capsules in case?" Azmeck asked.

Feit reached into a small pouch to his side and showed two energy shells. They were Leroy's energy--the same substance he gave to Streamline to use against Vecto if needed. And it seemed to have paid off. He snapped one of the shells into the blunt end of a small gun and returned it to his pouch.

"Indeed, I am so grateful you obliged to come on this trip. I alone cannot handle Vecto," Azmeck noted.

"Well it was at my master's request," Feit pointed out. "So thank him. He wanted me to join you as part of my training, I assume. He always tends to give me odd tasks ..."

"Ah, I see," Azmeck said then contemplated for a second. "Hmm ... considering Vecto has escaped and we so happen to land on Hodos, Gyro's homeworld, Vecto will most likely attempt to visit Gyro's grave."

"So we'll find him there, then. I'm ready when you are."

"Indeed," Azmeck said with a slight nod and stroke of his white beard. "Follow me."

(Will Azmeck and Feit find Vecto? And how will Vecto react to seeing them? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)