Part 6.5

(Previously: The ledge collapses with Accura on it, but Chais jumps after her. They survive and climb the cliff to see Feit waiting and Vecto behind them disguised as Robert Newman.)

"You!" Chais yelled. "You're the one who turned me in and stole my diamond cross!"

"Vecto!" Accura exclaimed.

Chais' eyes bulged. "Vecto? Did you say Vecto?!"

"I see I have quite the following," Vecto stated as he hovered to the cliff.

Chais readied his sword and Accura raised her gun as they both stepped back from the approaching machine.

Vecto lightly landed before them, gazing at the three fighters. "There's no need for weaponry. I am not here for a fight."

"You killed a hundred or so innocent soldiers!" Accura yelled. "How are you not here to kill us?"

"I regret my previous actions while in rage," Vecto explained. "I have no intention of furthering any strife."

"You've already done the damage, bub," Chais said, looking away.

"You must understand," Vecto said. "My focus is on Morphaal alone. This I have realized. You trio are not my enemies."

"Oh, so I get it," Chais laughed, rubbing his face. "Now you want to apologize, huh?"

Vecto paused. "What I seek is your support."

Chais and Accura, even Feit, were set aback by Vecto's response.

"I am a member of the Alpha Squad," Vecto explained. "Without a team, we are ineffective. Only with teamwork have we beaten Morphaal before. I was erroneous to believe I could kill him on my own."

"Whoa, whoa," Chais stumbled on his words, still shocked. "You mean you want us to join the Alpha Squad after trying to kill us?"

Feit walked between Accura and Chais. "What's the condition? Slavery?"

Vecto shook his head. "I merely seek assistance in my quest to defeat Morphaal. All three of you are capable fighters. So what will it be?"

"No," Accura was the first to deny his offer. "You killed innocent lives and have a steep bounty on your head--your orb, whatever. I cannot and will not associate with you!"

"Bounty?" Chais said, curious as to how much. He scratched his chin. "Well I dunno. What's in it for me?"

"Saving the omniverse," Vecto replied.

Chais thought about it.

But Feit shook his head. "Not likely. My duty lies with Master Johnson. My task is to keep you under watch."

"Then logically, you must come with me," Vecto told Feit. "And you, Accura, will likely follow in your attempt to assassinate me." He looked at Chais. "And Chais, the bounty on Morphaal's head is far greater than on mine."

Chais smirked as the others fell silent.

"So, inevitably, if you want to join me or not, all three of you will still follow me to Morphaal," Vecto reasoned. "And if you want to or not, you will be forced in battle with him. If it takes you to be my enemies to be my allies in battle, then so be it."

The face of Robert Newman smirked as he strolled by them to leave.

Feit, Chais, and Accura looked at each other, bewildered, knowing he had a point.

"So then where are you going next? What if I tell the officials on the ship who you are?" Accura asked, pushing Chais out of the way.

"I'm not going back to the ship," Vecto said as he walked off. "Follow me if you wish, but you wouldn't tell them. It'll widen your competition in claiming any bounty."

Chais rushed over to Vecto. "So how much are we talk'n about--for killing Morphaal?"

"Enough to buy your own planet," Vecto stated.

Chais' grinned at the thought of so much money.

"Vecto, you fool!" Feit yelled. "Even if all four of us fought Morphaal, we wouldn't stand a chance. I have heard horror stories about that brute sadist defeating legions of men."

Vecto stopped, then looked back as a nearby tree bristled in the wind. "It only took four A.S. members to defeat him before," he replied.

(Will Vecto, Accura, Feit, and Chais join forces? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)