Part 5.7

The Vecto: Vengeance ebook is free until April 11 on Amazon! Check out the link on my profile to get it. If you get the free book, please consider posting a review on Amazon. It'll encourage others to buy the book.

Also, there's only a few days left when you can preorder Vecto: Voyage for 99 cents! It'll be released April 12 for $3.99. If you preorder, you'll only pay 99 cents for it. The link can be found on my profile as well.

(Previously: Magnatronian soldiers perform a training exercise. They launch themselves on the back of missiles and head straight back to the battlecopter with Vecto and Dr. Azmeck onboard.

"Activate shields!" Keefe commanded.

One of the soldiers pushed himself off the missile, letting it continue.

"Roger," the pilot said as he activated shields and did a barrel roll out of the way.

The other warrior leapt off his missile, kicking it toward the copter.

"You need to shake it!" Keefe yelled as they rolled but the missile struck their shields.

Dr. Azmeck yelled as the copter shook from the blow, but it wasn't over yet. The last soldier who jumped smashed into the copter's cockpit windshield and lunged a fist through it.

"Get that enemy off this copter!" Keefe yelled as he took out a knife and stabbed his subordinate in the hand.

The pilot quickly reversed the copter's spin and made a nosedive. The soldier was still hanging on, his body being slung in the air until finally he lost grip and was tossed in the air.

Azmeck's yells persisted as the copter swooped back up and glided in the air, back to normal flight.

Vecto shook his head as he watched the last soldier plummet to the ground without a parachute, smacking the ground hard, creating a crater in the surface.

"As you see," Admiral Keefe explained, "these men are equipped with top-of-the-notch technology, based on Dinishmen design. They're equipped with hybrid warpmetal-nanotech armored suits. The armor is self-repairing and can form a shock absorbed, interlocked coating of nanomachines to withstand heavy impact. They're also equipped with an AI companion system as an onboard battle computer, and for weapons, they're equipped with a reverse-linear accelerated rifle system, a phase-rail energy module, an omni-directional mass discharge system, as well as other battle configurations. Impressed yet?"

"Not really," Vecto said as he looked out at the horizon as they entered the Ondrea sector.

"Ah, figures," Admiral Keefe said as the cockpit glass began reforming. He then looked at Dr. Azmeck. "Well, it looks like you have a tough stomach after all!"

Azmeck shook his head and leaned forward in his seat. "I've been through much worse flying, but the live combat attacks from your men were quite unexpected."

Keefe smiled. "Well, this is it. Her place is comin' up. It's not often you'd have an Exodite like her living on this planet. If it wasn't for her being Gyro's wife, she'd be--"

"I'm getting off here," Vecto interrupted.

"OK, want me to land?" the admiral yelled through the wind.

"I'm going alone," Vecto said, stepping to the edge of the chopper. "Take Azmeck back to the base," he added, then jumped off.

"Hey! I thought I was coming along!" Azmeck yelled at Vecto's falling body.

Vecto was free falling like the Magnatronians had, except he deactivated his disguise and consisted only as an orb. The Flummox Capacitor whistled through the light blue sky as it crashed to the black surface, making a small crater.

Once again, he activated his disguise and slowly rose from a knee amidst the dirt swishing around his body. He needed some more carbon while he was at it, too, he thought. The black dirt stuck to his shield, and below him, another crater formed as he sucked carbon from his surroundings. Now to see Charisma. He could see her abode up the hill--a green dome in the middle of nowhere. He wondered how she would take to his visit.

(How will the reunion of Vecto and Charisma turn out? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)