Part 8.5

(Previously: Shadow says he doesn't know where Zendora is, causing Vecto to clutch his fist in anger.)

Shadow slightly squinted. "Heard you wreaked havoc on Acaterra-became tabloid fodder and surpassed Morphaal on the most-wanted list."

"I overreacted," Vecto admitted. "But I'm not here for a fight."

"I didn't mention a fight. But now that you mention it, you seem a little restless."

"What do you expect? I've exhausted nearly all of my resources to find Morphaal," Vecto said. "I'm supposed to have one of the most highly sophisticated programming, yet I can't find him. I hate not knowing things."

"I can beat you, Vecto," Shadow bragged.

"What?" Vecto was taken aback by the remark. Chais was curious as well.

"In fact, I've already won."

"Look, I've had to fight enough people and robots as it is," Vecto said. "I don't want to fight you. I came only for information."

To be on the safe side, Vecto commanded his shield to expand over his robotic body. He had lowered his shields when he was transported to Earth because the shields were feeding off his metallic body too much. He now realized he should have left the shields up-because his FFS wouldn't budge. Vecto noticed that Shadow had mentally formed Zero Pont Energy around his Flummox Capacitor orb. Shadow was keeping it from expanding and was suffocating it.

Vecto glanced back at Shadow. "Why?"

"You've got quite the price on your head," Shadow said. He looked at Chais, who was gradually raising his sword. "And if I were you, I'd leave this planet."

"What are you doing to him?!" Chais demanded as he pointed the blade.

"Oh, you still want to fight?" Shadow taunted.

Suddenly, missiles came at Shadow from Vecto, and all Chais could see were flashes of light and explosions. But the explosions weren't at Shadow. Chais slid back and covered his face as robotic parts jettisoned from Vecto, one cutting his arm. When he opened his eyes, Vecto's body was in pieces-all that was left was his orb.

"Geez! What just happened?" Chais yelled, still unsure if this was real. Did Shadow just defeat Vecto in a matter of seconds?

"Kid, I deflected the missiles back at him," Shadow responded, "with my sword."

Chais shook his head, speechless. Shadow would have had to use the side of his katana to curve each one of the missiles around-and he did it in seconds. Chais tightened his grip on the handle of his sword.

Shadow noticed Chais didn't budged-neither did his sword. "You really want to fight? A friend of Vecto's to the death, huh?"

Chais smirked. "Not really. You see, I needed his help to beat Morphaal so I can collect some bounty, but I've got a change of plans."

(With Vecto down, what is Chais planning? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)