Part 6.8

(Previously: Chais hitches a ride on top of a train, but a Magnatronian spots him.)

"Get off this train," the Magnatronian ordered.

Chais looked up as the single white poles that held up the rail blurred by. "Guess I'll have to wait till the next stop," Chais joked as he looked back at the soldier with his sword ready. "Not supposed to exit a moving train."

The Magnatronian shook his head. He clutched his fist and nanobites from his suit began to retract. The small, microscopic machines crawled up his arms in retreat and slithered from his face to show his dull expression. They then traveled down his chest to reveal his muscle shirt underneath, and settled in a compartment behind his back, leaving only his waist and legs covered by the suit.

"I'll throw you off," the Magnatronian said as his chest muscles flexed.

"Some strict zero tolerance policy you've got there," Chais cut back, slashing his sword to his side. "Well, I won't let you!" He quickly came at the Magnatronian, swinging his sword at him with swift speed, despite missing a shoe.

It was blocked by a knife. The Magnatronian stood there with his hand raised, blocking the pressing sword with his knife held upside down.

It was time for Chais' little trick. He hit a switch and another blade snapped into place to form an elongated Phillips head. With a thrust and twist of the wrist, Chais lunged the side blade at the soldier's chest. The warrior neither dodged nor blocked the sword. He let it stab into his shoulder.

Green blood seeped from his body as Chais looked up at the beast, his sword still within his chest.

The Magnatronian smirked, then grabbed the blade with his hand and pulled it from his body. Chais was overpowered as the man moved his sword to the side and punched him in the gut with brute force.

The next thing Chais knew, he was tumbling on the roof and was once again hanging from the side as the transport banked around another turn.

"Great! A super-warrior," Chais muttered as he lifted himself up.

The Magnatronian was right there, staring at him. He reached down and grabbed Chais by the throat, lifting him up to his level. Chais' feet dangled in the air off the edge of the train. He gasped as he struggled to free his throat from the impending contusion and suffocation. He grabbed a pouch from his cloak and smashed it into the Magnatronian's face. A powdery substance puffed in the soldier's eyes as Chais squinted. The soldier growled, unable to see, but didn't let go. He threw Chais off the train instead.

Chais quickly swung his sword and detached the blade as he flew off. The blade smashed through a window and snagged something. Chais held tight as he was swung to the train traveling hundreds of miles per hour. He smashed into another window several crates back and rolled into boxes of weaponry.

Five Magnatronians stood there, guarding the inventory.

"OK, OK, I give up!" Chais reluctantly said as he lifted pain-stricken arms.

(What will the Magnatronians do to Chais? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)