Part 6.4

(Previously: Vecto is saved by Accura's shot by having mud in his shields. He slings mud bullets at her, unstablizing the cliff she's on. Both Feit and Chais find Accura and fight but the cliff is about to collapse.)

"Now listen up!" Accura ordered. "This cliff is already unstable, so unless you two want to plummet nearly a mile down, I'd suggest we all get off this ledge!"

Feit and Chais looked down to see the crack growing. Feit did a backward flip out of the way as Chais shrugged and walked behind it.

"You, too, Accura," Chais said, nonchalantly waving his hand. But as Accura took light steps, the crack suddenly burst across. She looked up at Chais as the edge of the cliff crumbled and broke off, taking her with it.

"Noo!!" Chais yelled, reaching his hand out to catch her. But she was too far to catch.

Feit looked over the new edge. "I'm sorry," he said, shaking his head.

Chais ignored him and leaped off the cliff after her.

"Accura!" he yelled as he burst through a dust cloud after her. He could see her now. She was fiddling with her militaristic outfit. There was no way he could reach her going at the same speed.

She then activated her parachute.

Chais was stunned as the chute unraveled before him. With a jolt, Accura's speed had stopped but Chais was headed for a collision course. He smacked into the parachute, and his sword dug into it to break his fall.

"You idiot!" Accura yelled, realizing Chais had jumped after her and destroyed her parachute.

He got tangled in the cords and bumped into her. "Don't worry about it-I gotcha!" Chais yelled.

"More like killing me!" Accura yelled back.

Chais wasn't concerned. He detached his blade from its handle and let it dangle loose from the chain holding them together. He then twirled the blade in the air by the chain and propelled it at the cliff. The sword stabbed into the rock as rough hooks on the sides of the blade held it in place. But as the slack wore off, Chais and Accura jolted and swung toward the precipice. Accura had to throw a Forb at the cliff to ease the collision. The orb struck the cliff and released purple foam to act as a cushion. Chais slammed into it while holding Accura in his arms as Accura's torn parachute glided over them.

"Not bad!" Chais said, laughing, shoving the parachute off him.

Accura looked down at the fall. "And how do you suppose we get back up?" she questioned.

"Don't worry, babe," Chais said as he clicked his handle to real them in. "I've got ya."

The two were lifted to the sword as Accura ejected her tangled parachute. Now they had to climb the rest of the way up.

It took quite a while to scale the cliff, but Chais and Accura met the challenge.

Sitting cross-legged at the top of the cliff was Feit. Behind him were sparse trees decorating a hill, with a military rail station in the distant background. He sat quietly, watching as Chais' gloved hand snatched the top of the cliff.

With a yank, Chais slung Accura to the top, and she lifted herself the rest of the way. She reached down to grab Chais' hand to help him up. Chais struggled to get his weary feet on the surface, then rolled to his back, out of breath.

"Seems like you need more exercise," Feit said, his eyes fixed on them.

Chais and Accura were startled.

"What? Did ya wait here just to kill us?" Chais yelled, attempting to stand, reaching for his sword.

"There's no need for that," Feit responded, standing up with his arms crossed. "You two are clearly not fit for battle."

"Then what do you want?" Accura yelled.

"It's not what I want," Feit answered, shifting his eyes to look beyond them.

Chais and Accura looked back to see what it was. Floating in front of the cliff was a red-suited figure with the face of Robert Newman.

(What will Vecto do to them? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)