Part 6.7

(Previously: Accura, Feit, and Chais leave separate ways, and Accura and Feit are captured.)

But Chais, on the other hand, was boldly standing on the rail with his sword over his shoulder and his trench coat snapping in the wind. He cocked his head back, staring at the two suns in the sky, waiting for the next train to slip by. He could feel vibrations as the magnetic pulse from the rail activated, propelling the transport train forward. It was faster than Chais expected, so he took a leap of faith off the rail, timing his fall.

The train passed underneath as Chais landed hard on its roof. He tumbled across the rough surface, rolling from crate to crate as he tried to use his sword to stop his inertia. No good. The train took a sharp turn, tilting on its side as Chais slipped off the roof. But when the transport tilted back in place, Chais was hanging from its side. His gloved hand adhered to the surface as his other hand grasped his sword. His body swung as he looked down at how far up he actually was.

I knew I shouldn't have looked down, Chais scolded himself as he got sick. Sure, climbing up to the rail was no problem, but realizing how far up he truly was, that was a bit unsettling. Not wanting to stay hanging around, Chais used his upper-arm strength to lift himself to a window. He retracted his sword to its smaller size and sheathed it in his wildly blowing cloak, freeing his other hand. Only problem was a Magnatronian stared at him from the transport's window as Chais climbed over it.

"Uh, just thought I'd stick around," Chais said with a weak smile, waiving. All he could see now was a fist coming at him. He quickly rolled to the side as the Magnatronian punched through the window and grabbed Chais' foot. Chais squirmed his foot free-out of its boot-as the Magnatronian crushed the footwear in his grasp and stuck his head out from the shattered glass.

Chais scaled the train to its roof and rolled to his back hoping the Magnatronian wasn't stupid enough to come after him. Yet, Chais was curious. He rolled and looked over the edge despite his somewhat fear of heights. Unbelievably, the Magnatronian had stepped out from the window, completely vertical. He was walking on the side of the transport as if it was the ground.

Chais rolled back over, not believing his eyes. He quickly unsheathed his sword and extended the blade.

With his Magnatronian battle armor, the soldier had his center of gravity adjusted and his feet adherent so he could walk vertically.

Chais watched as the Magnatronian's foot stepped on the edge. He took a step in the air and his body suddenly leaned up. With ease, his suit adjusted to the changed axis-the soldier was slung upright, slamming his foot on the roof as his head rose menacingly.

"Uh, hi there," Chais said as his no-longer-slicked-back brown hair jetted to the side. "I take it you like the breeze, too."

"Get off this train," the Magnatronian ordered.

(Does Chais stand a chance against a Magnatronian warrior? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)