Part 6.9

(Previously: Just like Accura and Feit, Chais surrenders to the Magnatronians after being caught. The scene switches to Vecto.)

"Ah, Vecto," Admiral Keefe said as Vecto approached him in the barely lit hanger bay of military base Bloodstain. He was inspecting rows of air-to-space aircraft fighters, looking for incisions made from battle.

"Sir, requesting permission to teleport to Cubix," Vecto asked, standing upright.

"Don't have to ask, son," Keefe answered. "You know the answer. Wanna take the doc with ya?" Keefe looked over as if to point out where Dr. Azmeck was standing. "These men don't like Terrans roamin' around."

Azmeck noticed Vecto from across the room and began walking toward them.

"I'll take him back to the ship," Vecto replied.

"Oh, and by the way," Keefe said as he trailed his fingers across a jet, "some guards near the Unilift rail facility captured some Terrans sneaking around. Three I believe, not far from Gyro's gravesite. Are they with you?"

"No."

"Good. The soldiers were want'n to have some live, hand-to-hand combat."

"Take them to the Corona when you're done," Vecto stated.

Keefe smirked. "All right, only 'cause you helped us in the war," he said. "Been a pleasure. Tell the Dinishmen at the teleport station I sent you."

Vecto nodded as Keefe carried on with his inspection and as Azmeck approached.

"Quite discourteous of you to leave me behind like that!" Azmeck stated, holding his back.

"You're going back to the ship," Vecto said, ignoring Azmeck's comment.

"Then where might you be going, eh?" Azmeck asked.

"I'm going to talk with Vic to see if he knows anything about Zendora."

"Ah, then perhaps I should mention the robots on the Corona."

"You're not going."

"It is pertinent that I speak with him also."

"Why?"

"Because those machines are of his making, and I'm afraid they were sold to a renegade bounty hunter."

"Who?" Vecto questioned.

Azmeck sighed. "A bounty hunter with devastating intentions, that's who."

(Who is this bounty hunter? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)