Part 7.7

(Previously: Vecto meets his creator, Vic, who takes him to a super-intellegient machine called the Illuminous Orb. Vecto asks it where Zendora is located.)

The orbs glowed momentarily but did nothing more.

He touched it again, more firmly. "Where is Zendora?" he yelled.

The orbs glowed more excessively, as if they were going to explode, then the light shut off and the orbs rotated to a stop.

Vecto stood back. "It appears your machine is broken," Vecto stated.

"Eeee!" Vic screeched, looking over the massive orb, quite worried. Yet the orbs suddenly came back to life, resuming their individual movements around each other. Vic smiled, but not for long. "You imbecile. You have done quite enough damage already to my robots first and now this."

"Your machines attacked me first," Vecto retaliated. "It would not have been a problem if you had just let me in."

"You know I can't do that with Ukase's tight leash on society and my reputation at stake."

"Self-centered as always, Master Vic," Vecto said.

Vic grumble under his breath and moved the hovering platform from the core.

Vecto looked back at the orb. Useless junk, he thought. He figured it wasn't going to work. If he and AI Sarah didn't know where Zendora was, why would this machine?

He looked back at Vic. "There's one more thing I need to know."

Vic glanced up at him a bit irritated. "What is it now?"

"Dr. Azmeck observed that the Corona exploration ship has robots aboard that you created and sold to a bounty hunter. My data log identifies them as Viper classification."

Vic thought about it. "They must be the machines I manufactured for the Ukase a few months back but why were they there? They are designed for military purposes only and not for a civilian ship."

"Perhaps they are being transported," Vecto reasoned. "Perhaps this guy is waiting for his pick-up."

"Then you mustn't let him retrieve the machines if he intends to use them for destructive purposes!"

"And why do you care?" Vecto said. "You never did about me."

Vic screeched the platform to a halt at the wall of the globe. "It's not if I care Vecto, it's if you do that truly matters."

(With Vecto's efforts to find Zendora still a dead-end, will he stop the delivery of the Viper robots instead. Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)