Part 4.5

(Previously: Vecto disguises himself as a crate and worker to maneuver around the ship undetected. He makes it to a terminal to contact Sarah.)

"Sarah? Can you hear me?" Vecto said through a terminal.

"Vecto?" her bewildered voice came back. "Is that you?"

Vecto looked up at the ceiling where tiny cameras were. "I'm OK, now, Sarah. No need to worry."

Sarah wanted to scream in joy, a unique humanistic trait of hers, but she restrained herself. "And why would I worry? I knew you'd make it back safe."

"Sure you did," Vecto said with a hint of sarcasm, knowing her programming better than she probably knew herself.

"You can ask me that question now," Sarah's sweet voice replied.

Vecto looked around him to see if anyone was watching. Still clear. "I'm seeking the coordinates of a planet called Zendora in the innerverse. Morphaal has returned, and I have heard he plans to arrogate that planet's energy."

"What! You mean Morphaal's back?"

"Affirmative, so it's very pertinent that I have the coordinates of that planet. Morphaal and Sable have already destroyed the A.S. base, and I cannot allow him to destroy any lives."

"Zendora?" Sarah repeated the word, though with her processing power, she already knew the answer. "I'm sorry, but I don't know."

Vecto paused. If Sarah, one of the most advanced star planners in the omniverse, didn't know where Zendora was, would he be able to locate it?

"You know the innerverse isn't charted," Sarah explained. "It's a bunch of dark matter and black space between our Central universe and the parallel ones. I'm amazed there could even be a planet out there."

"I see," Vecto said as Sarah continued to talk. He looked around him again, but this time, he saw the real Trevor walk back through the door, taking a bite out of his veggie bar.

"Trevor!" the buff boss yelled at him. "I thought you went to adjust the gauges!"

"But I thought you said I can go on break?"

"Not until you finish your station!" Officer Haggleworth yelled, pointing toward the back. His eyes bulged as he saw Trevor at a terminal, and then looked behind him to see Trevor again behind him.

Vecto made a fake smile. "Well, Sarah, I must go!" he interrupted her and disconnected comlink.

"AN IMPOSTOR!" the officer yelled at the top of his lungs as veins popped out from his face and neck. "Seize him!" he ordered as he rushed to the wall to sound the alarm.

Vecto couldn't let them find out who he was, and he couldn't risk killing them. He casually walked toward the workers as they rushed to tackle him. Vecto stepped out of the way and tripped one of them up. The other sporadically swung his fists at him. Vecto dodged the fists, but grabbed one and twisted it. He accidentally broke his wrist, causing the worker to scream in pain and curse him. Vecto pushed his arm away and slightly pushed him in the chest. The worker slung across the room and smashed through a breakable glass wall.

"I apologize," Vecto said as the other came at him. The worker pulled out a stunner and shot Vecto with it. Vecto looked down at the current and shrugged, then snapped the gun out of his hand and crushed it. With a slow kick, Vecto sent the man flying across a desk, scattering reports and office supplies everywhere.

"Security alert!" the boss yelled through an intercom system as the alarm sounded. "Lock down all stations! The control room has been breached!"

(How does Vecto plan to escape without his identity being discovered? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)

Be sure to tell others about Vecto with the hashtag #WhoisVecto and if you can, please pre-order Vecto: Voyage on Amazon at http://amzn.to/1SErRma.