Part 5.4

(Previously: Vecto reveals himself to Dr. Azmeck and Feit before inviting Azmeck to come with him.)

As hours passed, Vecto managed to successfully bypass the guards using a little diversion and disguise techniques--with the help of Dr. Azmeck. The two traveled on the cold, black, soot-like mud of planet Hodos. At least they were near the equator where there was little ice. Dust particles swirled in the wind as they eventually came to the entrance of a nearby military base and were greeted by a dozen pulse-rifles in firing pose.

"Military personnel only," a Magnatronian guard in black, standard armor stated while in crisp military stance.

"Excuse us," Vecto said, disguised as Robert Newman. "I have come here to request travel arrangements to visit a friend."

"Sorry, we ain't doin' taxi service," a buffer soldier said, standing firm in front of the large docking bay doors while taking a puff from his cigar device.

"We have come to visit Charisma, the widow of Gyro," Vecto continued, looking at the guns as Azmeck stepped away.

They were unresponsive, until one soldier spoke up. "How do you know Gyro?" he asked, his face hidden by his body armor's helmet.

"I served under A44G," Vecto simply replied.

Silence again bestowed them as the soldier with a cigar slowly removed it from his lips and approached Vecto, looking him over.

"Gyro's Alpha 44 battalion was wiped out two decades ago," Weston spoke up.

"You forget that one member survived that fateful trip to Cardell. So may I request to be taken aboard a hovercopter?"

"Only a robot unit member survived that mission, not the likes of you, Terran." He pressed his cigar against Vecto's body, but it didn't burn him in the slightest--instead, the cigar burned up.

Vecto was getting impatient. He grabbed the soldier's arm and twisted it.

The soldier quickly stabbed Vecto's shield with a knife and took back his arm, but Vecto punched him in the gut. The soldier's nanobite suit had a temporary, form-fitting shield that protected him, but the Magnatronian still slid.

Vecto dropped his shield's disguise to reveal his orb floating in the air.

"Enemy combatant!" a soldier yelled as he abruptly exchanged fire.

(Is Vecto going to kill the guards like he did to the SS6? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Voyage!)