Chapter 15

[ EDITED ]

Jungkook's POV

"GUYS!!! I FOUND HER!!!" I scream with Yoona still in my arms, eyes still closed. I lay her on the grass as the teachers and the students gather around her. I fell on my knees, panting hard.

"She's bleeding!! Someone bring the aid kit and towel!! HURRY!!" Miss Reen demands and one of the students rush to grab the kit and the towel. Minutes later, he comes back and hand Miss Reen the towel and the kit.

"Her lips is completely blue. She's freezing." She explain while wrapping Yoona's bleeding arm with a piece of white cloth.

Then, she's on her knees and press Yoona's chest repeatedly, till she awake and spill the water again.

"Thank god you're still alive. Are you okay?" Miss Reenn asks her while patting her back. Yoona coughs unstoppable, due choked to the water earlier.

"Where did you found her,Jungkook?" She turns her eyes at me.

"At the lake. She's floating on it. I don't know how it happened!" I explain.

"Oh, thank you anyways. Now, go change and dry yourself...before you catch a cold. And for the rest of you, go back to sleep!!" Miss Reen commands.

Everyone heads back to their tentsㅡ including me.

I pull off my wet shirt and dry myself. Then, change into another shirt. After a while, I decide to sit outside at the campfire to keep my body warm. As I walked out from my tent, I see a figure sitting infront of the campfire. Wrapping their body with a thick blanket.

Oh..

Kim Yoona.

I walk slowly towards the campfire and sit beside her. She's holding tight onto the blanket, preventing her from getting too cold. She turns as she felt someone is sitting next to her.

She looks at me. Then turn away and continue snuggling her face to her blanket. I can tell that her body is shaking of coldness.

"Are you feeling okay?" I finally speak.

"Why d-do yo-you care?" She asks me back with her shaking voice. I was taken aback by her answer.

"What were you doing until end up floating in the lake?!! You know that you could die. Are you insane or what?!" I raise my voice a bit.

Yoona's POV

Then my memories flash back what happened this evening. That Yerin brushed her shoulder against me hardly, making me accidentally scratched my arms and fell into the lake.

I shake my thoughts and inhale deeply.

"Why did you save me?You could've just ... you know. Just let me die. Let me meet my parents and leave this cruel world. I was just a huge mistake right? I'm wasting my time anyway, living in this world. Nobody likes me. So, just let me die than everyone keep beating me, hating me and abusing me. I'm useless."

I blurt outㅡ slowly turn my head to look at him, he just stared at the campfire. Speechless.

I ignore him and continue keeping my body warm.

"Hey.." I feel something on my chin. Turns out, it's his finger. Holding my chin and make me face him. I blink my eyes couple of times.

"Hmm, your lips is getting fine. Just now, it was completely blue." Said him.

I stare deep into his eyes without my knowing. Meanwhile he just brush his thumb gently on my lips.

My crush. We're waayy tooo close now.

I snap my thoughts and move my head to my sideㅡ  causing him to flinch a bit. He dusts his hands and turn back his gaze to the campfire.

"Why d-did you d-ddo that?" Aishh..I'm still shaking. He turns his face back to me again.

"Do what?"

"Y-you saved me. A-and you're being ni-nice to me"

I send him a cold glare. He just look at me with his poker face on.
"I don't get it"

My eyes rolled, hearing his answer.

"Why did you save me? I mean..y-you always beat me a-and abused me. Y-you almost kill me by cu-cutting me on my arm the o-other day. And n-now..you treat me nice and a-act like you care about me.What was that..J-Jeon Jung-kkkkoookk."

Silence.

"I t-thought so. Just fo-forget about it. Sorry for making you
w-wasted your time ta-talking wi- *sneeze* with this trash."

And by that, I get up and walk towards my tent and get ready to sleep, leaving him there alone..dumbfounded.