Chapter 28

[ EDITED ]

Yoona's POV

"Okay, students!! Attention! Today we're going to play baseball. I know it's boring for you guys but you like it or not, all of you have to do it. No excuses!" Said my P.E teacher.

Oh come on!

Enough with my condition, and you want us to play baseball now?! For real? You've gotta be kiding me.

Oh man.. who wants to partner up with a loser like me? I scoff to myself.

The Sun is shining straight to the Earth, and now I'm sweating badly. My face is sticky and my cheeks were flushed. It's too much heat. I seriously can't bear this circumstances. Out of sudden, I feel lightheaded and without any warn, I fall down and collapse on the ground.

***

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook-ah. You can do it. Trust me!" Jimin hyung pats my back, encouraging me as I waited for my turn to hit the ball. I turn around to look over at the girls, and something caught my attention. I see someone is laying down on the grass near the bleachers.

Who the hell is laying on this field, I mean it's dirty. I make my steps closer towards the girls to get the clearer view  of who's on the ground. And immediatley my eyes widen a bit as I saw the person who's laying with their eyes closed is actually Yoona.

I urge myself to rush towards her but someone grab my wrist.

"Oppa! What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be with your-"

"Why is Yoona laying on the ground there and nobody seems to care about her?!" I snapped.

"What? Oh! Why do we have to care about her? Just let her be!" Yerin rolls her eyes and scoff.

I snatch my arm from her grip and rush towards Yoona.

As soon as I reached her unmoving body, I kneel down beside her. She collapsed and her face is extremely pale.Sweats were all over her forehead.

"Y-Yoona-ssi.. h-hey. Wake up!" I pat her cheek gently. But she doesn't move one bit. I'm starting to worry at the moment . My arm slip behind her weak body and lift her bridal style.

"OPPA!!! WHAT ARE YOU-"

"Sosaeng-nim!!! Yoona fainted!! I will bring her to the infirmary!!"

The teacher look at me and give me a quick nod in response. I turn my heels and jog inside the building with Yoona in my arm, heading straight to the school infirmary.

I feel she's starting to move, more like struggle in my arm to escape her body from me.

"Stay still! Or you will fall on the floor. I'm bringing you to the nurse..just hold on!"

"I'd rather f-fall on the floor.. *cough* than fall for you."

She mutters in my chest.

I don't know why but, her words just hit me really hard. And I feel so guilty now. I decided to remain silent and fasten my steps.

"Nurse! I need help here! She collapsed at the field just now and her body is burning!"

I exclaim as I barged into the room. I gently lay Yoona on te bed and wait for the nurse to come.

"Oh my god!! Hold on! I'll go grab my kit." The nurse says and turn around to grab her stuffs.

"Why are you s-still here? Just go to the field. They n-need you." I hear Yoona mumbled.

"It's fine. I'm gonna stay here with you." I reply. "Why do you *cough* ..why do you even care about me? We're nothing now, remember? L-leave me alone."

She says. I was taken aback by her statement.

"Look..I know it's my-"

"I'm back. How's your condition now, sweetie? Are you sick. I-I think you're having a high fever. Don't worry. I'll give you-" The nurse says as she returned from grabbing her kit. But, she was cut off by Yoona.

"Nurse.."

"Yes honey?"

"Tell him to leave." She mutters and send me glares.

The nurse turn to look at me.

"Sorry, kid. You heard her."

I sigh and slowly nod. I back away and turn the doorknob, exiting myself and head back to the field.

***

Yoona's POV

I walk out the school front gate and went home. My body is still weak, but not as weak as this morning. I feel a bit better after the nurse gave me some pills to reduce my sickness. And lower my heat.

My steps were slow. Very slow. It feels like it will take months to make it to my house.

I hear something stopped beside by the roadside.More like a car.Then,the door being shut was heard.Followed by the unknown footsteps.It's getting nearer towards me.

"Yoona.Come! I'll send you home.Your body still weak.Y-you can't make it by yourself.It's getting late.Ppalli,get in the c-" "Why do you even care about me..and since when you did?!"

I snapped.He holds my arm pulling me to the car.

I snatch my arm away from him and send him a death glare."Don't you dare to touch me!Leave me alone! Just go send your sweet real girlfriend!!"

And by that,I turn and stomp away from him.

-

I lay slowly on my bed.Still coughing.I stare blankly the ceiling above me.

Then,the incident that happened in the infirmary this morning play in my mind.

• Flashback •

"Okay,honey.I will let you rest now since the pills gonna make you sleepy.Anything,just call me.I'll be over there.Arasso?" The nurse said.

I slowly nodded and she patted my head.As I tried to sleep,I heard the door squeak.

"Oh my!Yoona,are you okay sweetie?" I recognised that gentle voice.It's Miss Reen.

"I heard that you have a high fever.Are you feeling better now?" She asked while caressed my cold knuckles.I nodded.

"Oh sweetie.Well I came here with a good news that maybe could cheer you up!" She grinned.

"Wh-what is it miss?" I questioned as she took something,more like a letter from her coat's pocket.

"Your application to continue your study in America,has been approved!"

She said.I widen my eyes.Yeah,I did apply to study overseas because that time I was so depressed,over my parents' death,the students always picked on me.I almost give up with my life.

But then,Jungkook appeared and asked me to be his girlfriend.He spent sometimes with me,went for a date,he made me feel loved.Everything was so perfect.

Then,he said those damn words.He wanted to end the relationship.And the worst was..I was just a bet.He played me.He fooled me.I was so messed up.

Miss Reen handed me the letter and patted my shoulder.
"Decisions is on your hand honey." She gave me a warm smile before she exited the room.

• Flashback ends •

I unzip my backpack and search the letter.I take it out and unfold it.Reading it once again,with my thoughts still messed up.

"Should I go?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should her?