Chapter 40

Please check out the media above 😂😂
#JungkooksButtAppreciationPost

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona's POV

I push Jungkook as I realised what he was doing. He looked at me with his brows drew together.

He kissed me just like that?! I don't even brush my teeth yet! Erghh!!

"What do you think you're doing Jeon Jungkook?!!" I ask placing my back of hand to cover my lips.

He sighs and run his hand through his soft black hair. "Look! Yoona, we need to talk. I need to solve things between us. Please. I need to talk to you!" He begs.

I look down for a while before lifting my head back to face him.

"Let me take a shower first. We'll discuss about this later. And.. while I'm in the bathroom could you please look after Jiyeon for a while?" I ask.

He nods slightly and walk out from my room heading downstairs.

I sigh heavily and bend down to pick my phone from the floor. I breath in relief as I noticed that the screen didn't crack.

I place it on the bedside table and start to make my bed. Then, head in the bathroom to have a nice and warm shower.

***

"Since you left..I.. my life was kinda sucked. "

Jungkook tells me. We are currently sitting on the old bench in the backyard, with a mug of warm tea in our hold and are talking to each other. About random things, our lifes in past etc..

"Why?" I ask as I took a sip of my drink.

He bends a little so he could place both his elbows on his knees, holding the mug firmly.

"Well.. You left. I finally realised that made a huge mistake. Jin hyung stopped talking to me. Yerin and I broke up..for real. My grades went down the hill. My.. my mom passed away."

I snap. "What?! Why? What happened?"

He sighs heavily before continue.
"Breast cancer."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

He nods and turn to face me.

"What about you? I mean.. your husband.." He seems hesitate to ask.

Oh God.. I'm about to tell him about Mark.  The most sensitive topic in my life story. You can do this Yoona..

"Well, I guess I've never told you before, yeah?"

He nods.

I take a deep breath before continue.

"We met in the flight, on our way to America. Long story short, we went to the same campus, been classmates, good friends, then yeah.. Welp, there was a prom one night. You know prom?" I smile sheepishly.

He turns to look at me like I've grown two heads. "You think I'm that naive?"

I chuckle. "Yeah. Then that night he asked me to be his girlfriend..3 years passed then we're married. Then Jiyeon came. Do I need to tell you how Jiyeon existed? That night wh-"

"Urgh Kim Yoona! No please thank you!" He shakes his head eagerly and drink his tea.

I could swear that I was laughing so hard. And I can't remember when was the last time I laughed that hard actually. It's been a while..

"So..where's your husband now?"

A sad smile instantly replace my laughter.

"He's gone Jungkook.. He died along with over two hundreds of people in a plane crash. When they were on their way from China." I look down, playing with the diamond ring on my fourth finger.

"Oh..sorry." He whispers.

"It's fine. That time Jiyeon was only 5 months old. She lost her father at the very young age Jungkook.. I raised her alone. I'm sorry if I'm being too emotional but.. I miss him Jungkook. I miss him."

A tear slipped from my eyes and followed by the rest. Jungkook places his mug on the ground and immediately pull me closer to him as I sniffed.

"It's okay . Let it all out. " He says the exact same words when he was comforting me back then when I was crying on the rooftop in the rain.

He rubs my back and run his palm down my arm soothingly.

But then, our little moment were interrupted by Jiyeon's scream from inside the house.

I quickly wipe my tears and rush into the house. Worry overwhelmed me with the thought of bad things would happen to my daughter.

As soon as I get inside, I hear Jiyeon was crying loudly. I follow the sound of her cries and immediately found her at the end of the stairs, her chest pressed on the floor.

She must be tripped.

"Oh god!" I rush to her side and pick her in my arms. She continues crying.

"It's okay,baby. Eomma's here. It's fine, it's fine." I rock her in my arms. But she seems not to stop crying in any minute.

"What happen?" I look up to Jungkook who's towering us with the look of concern on his face.

"I guess she must be tripped. It's okay honey, eomma's here."

"Here. Let me have her." Jungkook extends his hands and take Jiyeon from my arms. He carries her to the kitchen and settle her on the countertop.

"Where does it hurt?" He asks. Jiyeon shows him her ankle.

"Aww poor little Yeonnie~ It's fine. Wait here arasso.." He cooes then reach to the fridge and take some ice cubes and wrap them in a tissue paper that he took on top of the microwave.

He then place it on her ankle gently. Jiyeon hisses but she eventually stop crying.

Somehow my heart felt warm seeing the sight infront of me; Jungkook trying to comfort my daughter.

"Feel better now?" He looks up to see her cute face with her eyes a bit puffy from crying. She nods, making Jungkook smiles sweetly.

***

"Thanks for comforting Jiyeon just now.." I say to Jungkook as we reached the front door. It's almost evening so he decided to go home.

"Nahh.. it's cool. Besides.. I love kids." He chuckles as he leaned to see Jiyeon who's sleeping soundly on the couch behind me.

"But thanks anyway." He turns to see me.

"You're welcome. And thank you too for..you know. Willing to spend some times with me and tell me everything." He juggles his car keys.

"No problem." I flash him a small smile.

An awkward silence followed. But not for long as Jungkook decides to break it.

"Well..I have to go now." He says awkwardly.

"Yeah.."

He starts to head toward his car, but stopped midway. My brow furrowed in confusion as I saw he turns around to look at me again.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He seems hesitate. But continue looking at me in the eyes.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" I ask him again.

I see him sighed heavily.

"Yoona, I know I messed up in the past. I was so fcked up. But please I want to redeem my mistakes. I want to make it up for you. For us. I want you Kim Yoona. Will you be mine..again?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M GONNA MISS YOU GUYS 😭😭 *sobs*