Chapter 38

Yoona's POV

The cold wind instantly hit my whole body,make me freezing in coldness. I take a few seconds to adore the very familiar view and the atmosphere in front of me now..

I'm home...

"Eomma!! It'ss s-so colddd brrr~" Jiyeon pulls my hand while rubbing her small glove-covered hands together to gain more warmth.

I chuckled at her cuteness. I bent down and wrap her soft pink scarf around her neck.

"It is honey.. Well, we're home now,sweetheart." I smiled warmly.

"Huh? I thought that we're here because you wanted to visit your old friends,eomma. Why did you said that we're home?!" She tilts her head.

"Because this is where you're originally belong. This place is called South Korea. That's why sometimes you're in the mood for some Korean food back when we're at home in America. Because me and your appa are Korean. You have our genes inside you. Get that?" I touch her tiny nose with the tip of my finger.

Her face suddenly turn gloomy while pouting.

"Appa, bogoshipta.."

("Dad,I miss you.." )

My heart broken seeing my precious daughter missing her father.

Oh Mark..

"Hey.. Don't be sad honey.. Kajja! Are you hungry?!"
I ask trying to cheer her up because I know she won't resist when it comes to food.

I mean.. Who would? It's FOOD!

"NAEEE EOMMA! I'M STARVING!!" She chirps as she rubs her tummy cutely.

I giggle and pull her hand along with our luggages together heading out from the airport. We head to the nearby cafe and order fruit juice for Jiyeon and coffee for me. We also order some desserts; before waiting for the cab.

***

"Ghamshamnida." I said to the driver as I paid him and off from the car. He nods and wave playfully to Jiyeon. Jiyeon giggles and wave back to him; before I shut the car door and the car drove away from the road.

I turn to look at the old house behind me. To my surprise it still there, no one had ever bought it.

Luckily,I still have the keys. I have no idea why I still kept it for the past years after I moved abroad.
I take a deep breath before taking the first step forward.

I dig my hand in my handbag to grab my old house keys. As soon as I found them, I take them out from my bag and jiggle them in the keyhole under the old doorknob.

"Eomma.." Jiyeon calls.

"Yes honey?" I answer, still struggling to find the right key of the door.

"Who's house is this? And why are we staying here. It's creepy..." Jiyeon trails.

"Jiyeon-ah, this is my old house. I used to live here before I moved to America and continue my studies there. This is where I grew up. Okay,honey?!" I look down at her small figure, who's now hugging my left leg.

"Okay.." She replies in her slow voice.

I give her a small smile before both of us enter the house. It was deep silent. Dusts and spider webs were everywhere. This house was left for so long.

"Guess we need to do some cleaning later.. Can you help me,sweetie?!" I look at Jiyeon.

"Nae eomma!" She says as she coughed loudly.