Chapter 24

[ EDITED ]

Jungkook's POV

I cough because of my sore throat. And that makes me awake from my nap in the middle of the night. As I opened my eyes, I feel something is holding my hand. I turn my head, just to see Yoona is sleeping. Her body is in position like she's sitting on the floor while her head rested on her left arm on the bed.

She looks so peaceful while she's sleeping. My left hand slowly move and make their way to her head. I move her hair and tuck it behind her ear gently, not wanting to wake her up.

How can a girl like her, been through the hard times all by herself. Somehow, I feel sympathy towards her. Not gonna lie..she do look pretty from this side. I wish I could be the guy that can love her, protect her and be with her every single time. But, she was nothing but a bet.

I'm not falling for her...right?

"Oh,why are you awake?" A voice speak makes me back to the reality. She asks while rubbing her eyes.

"My throat hurt." I reply with my crack voice.

"Do you want some water?" I weakly nod. She gets up and hand me a glass of water. She helps me to drink it.

"How are you feeling now?" She concernly asks as she put the glass back on the bedside table.

"Still the same..*cough*" She nods in response.

"Don't you wanna go home? You must be tired."

She smiles sweetly before reply "Nahh,I'm just gonna stay here to take care of you. You're alone by the way. Your maid already left because she had an emergency." She explains.

"Ooh,okay then."

"You should sleep now, Jungkook. Your body need some rest."

She fix the comforter around me."Good night." She says before lay back on the floor. Trying to sleep.

I close my eyes and try to sleep too. But I can't.

I take a look at the floor, where Yoona is laying on it, her arm as the pillow her eyes already shut.

Didn't she feel cold down there?

I sigh heavily before calling her name.

"Yoona. Yoona-ssi."

Her body moves and her eyes slightly open. "Uh?Yess?"

I move my body a bit to leave some space on the bed.

"You can sleep on the bed. It's cold down there."

"Oh,it's okay. I'm good here."

"No,you're not good. Come here and sleep on the bed.Please~" I plead.

"Okay." She simply answer.  She gets up and rest her body on the bed.

"Yoona-ssi."

"Yes?"

"I'm cold."

"Oh,do you want me to turn off the air-cond?" She asks.

I shake my head before answer "No,I need to keep myself warm."

I turn to look at her. She looks like she is thinking for something. She turns her gaze to my eyes then, she gets up and rest her body at the head of the bed.

"Come here." She motions me to move my body towards her.

It's kinda weird but I do it anyway.

She pulls me closer to her and hug my cold body.

"Are we cuddling?" I awkwardly ask her.

"Yes. That's the only way I could think of to keep you warm." She hugs me tighter in her little arms.

Somehow, I feel comfortable and warmth in her touch. I snuggle in the crook of her neck and try to sleep.

"Get well soon,Kookie." She whispers before gently peck the temple of my head.

A small smile drew on my lips. I feel her head rest on my head. Then,both of us drifted to a nice sleep.