Chapter 31

[ EDITED ]

Yoona's POV

I walk further to find my own seat. Minutes later, I found finally found it and proceed to sit down - resting my bag on my lap. My sit is basically next to the window, so I can admire the beautiful view from the sky.

"Excuse me? May I sit here?" A voice speaks fluently in English, make me title my head. Only to see a good-looking guy standing next to the seat next to me.

"Oh..nae. I mean! Sure.." I facepalm myself because I attempted to speak Korean with a stranger. Silly me.

He chuckles and sit next to me.

"So, America huh ?What are you gonna do there?" He asks.

Wow! This guy really had the guts to start a conversation with me by asking me questions.

"I'm continuing my studies there." I answer. Not bother turning my head to face him.

"Mark" He speaks
( Not that Mark from Got7 okayy?! )

"Mark Tuan imnida.."
( Any iGot7 here? (: )

I widen my eyes and instantly look at him who is grinning. He held his hand out for a shake. I stare at him blankly.

"Hurry. Don't let me hanging" He winks. I slowly shake his hand and look in his eyes.

"Ki- Kim Yoona imnida." I speak in Korean

"Hmm, pretty name for a pretty girl."

"Lame pickup line you got there." I roll my eyes and turn my gaze to the clouds outside.

"Ahahahaha..it's true. Really." 

"So, what are you going to do there? Trying those lame pickup lines to those American girls later?" I reply- annoyed.

"Woah, that's kinda harsh!"

Yeah.. since the incident with Jungkook, I became cold. Not so interested with guys. Because I kinda lost my trust towards everyone around me. Especially guys. I rarely smile and laugh. My life slowly become dark. My heart feels empty.

"Same! My parents told me to continue my studies too. For God's sake, I don't really want to! But they kept on pushing me. Erghh!" He groans.

"What about you? You're going on your own will or because of your parents?" He asks. I slowly turn to look at him in the eyes. Tears started to dwell up at the corner of my eyes.

"They died in car accident when I was 10, 11 or something. I don't really remember." I look down and slowly caress my knuckles.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry." His voice softened.

I nod and look at him with a small smile hang on my lips.

"It's cool."

 He returns my smile and turn to take a nap.

* * *

"OH MY GOD!! WE'RE IN THE SAME CAMPUS!!" Mark exclaims happily. He jumps up and down like a 5 years oldwho just got his ice-cream.

"Calm down, dude!" I try to contain my laugh, his reaction is just too cute and funny.

"I'm just soo happy that we will meet each other every single day from now on. Look! We also end up being classmates. Trust me, Yoona. We are meant to be!"
He tries to assure me and that only makes me giggle.

"We only know each other for about... 18 days now. Not 18 years. And please.. we are NOT meant to be! " I playfully roll my eyes and walk away from him.