Derek's birthday

It's Derek his birthday today but no one knows, besides Peter of course. Derek doesn't like his birthday. Every time he thinks back to his family. When he was a kid he loved to have his family on his birthday.

Stiles walks in the loft. He keeps fighting with Scott and he was bored. "What are you doing here?" Stiles turns around and sees Peter. "I don't know. I was bored and thought why not hang out with the Hales they are always happy and positive" Peter rolls his eyes. "I don't think Derek wants someone to visit him today" "why not?" "It's his birthday" "seriously? How old is he now" "do you really want to know" "no"

Peter rolls his eyes and leaves the loft. Stiles walks up the stairs and finds Derek in the library. "What are you reading" Derek sights. "What are you doing here?" "You are coming with me and you are going to have a good day because it is your birthday" Dere roll his eyes at the teenage boy. "No" "you can't say no. Not right now, just listen to me, take a shower and we are going to .... I don't know just take a shower and come with me" Derek sights again. He can't say no to the sarcastic teenager. He doesn't know why, but he has a soft spot for Stiles.

"Okay, first we are going to eat ice cream." The two boys sit in Stiles's blue jeep. Derek looks outside. He just wants to lay in bed and read his favorite books. Just like he did the last few years. He doesn't want to go outside. Or eat ice cream.

They are sitting on the beach eating ice cream and watching the water. There is no one on the beach. Derek stares at the water. When he was younger, his sister Laura took him and his younger sister Cora to the beach. They could swim. Derek loves swimming.

As if Stiles could read Derek his mind he stands up and walks to the water. "What are you doing? The water is cold at this time of the year idiot" Derek walks after Stiles. "I don't really care" "you can get sick" "so? Its just cold water" Derek looks at the teenager. "I'm coming with you. If you're close enough I could keep you warm." Stiles blushes and nods.

First it is really awkward, but after a few minutes they start talking. The beautiful blue water around them. The sun starts to go under. Derek looks down at Stiles who is holding him close. Stiles starts shivering. Its getting really cold. His wet hair on his face. Derek thinks he looks beautiful. He can't help it and leans in. The kiss is soft and sweet. But soon they are making out. Derek never knew he would do that with Stiles. He pulls back and smiles. "Best birthday ever"