A wolf's mate

Another mate one shot :) I love to write them because they're cute! And my first one shot is 1K! Thanks! I've been on Wattpad for, I think 2 years? Almost two years? Anyway, I made a lot of books and deleted a lot of books. But I've never had more then 2K reads on a book. This book has 12K reads! Thank you guys! I'm so happy :) Sorry for mistakes and misspellings.

It was hard hard being friends with a werewolf. You couldn't lie to them, and they are overprotecting. Stiles hated it that Scott and Derek thought that Stiles was useless. They never said it, but Stiles felt it. He was a useless human being. He couldn't fight. They only used him for research. But, now he knows everything about mates. When a werewolf is ready for his mate, he changes into a full wolf form, and doesn't change back until the wolf is close with his or her mate. Sometimes it takes longer to change back to normal. 

Stiles knew that Braeden was Derek's mate. They were perfect together. She was a badass human. She could take care of herself. She was tough, beautiful, sweet. It was hard to be around them. Liam once smelled the jealousy. Stiles couldn't help it. From the moment he saw Derek in the woods to find Scott's inhaler, he knew he liked Derek. When Derek was unconscious in the elevator he knew he loved him. And it was scary. He acted like he loved Lydia. He ignored his crush on Derek and tried to get Lydia. But when she kissed him he knew he didn't like her in that way. And he told her that. She just smiled and told him she knew that he liked Derek. After that they got closer. She being his new best friend, Scott was too busy with Liam. And then Malia came. Stiles thought he liked her, but it was only to forget Derek. 

When they went to Mexico to find Scott and Kira, Derek changed into a full wolf. He attacked Kate and Chris went after her. Derek tried changing back, but couldn't. That's when they knew Braeden wasn't his mate. Of course she was upset, but she needed to leave anyway. She needed to find the Dessert Wolf. So that's why Stiles was babysitting a wolf. Malia was a little jealous that her cousin got more attention than her. She knew it was important to keep Derek safe, but she wanted to have attention from her boyfriend too. 

--

"Stiles?" Malia yelled as she walked into the house. "Upstairs" he yelled back. Derek growled at him for yelling. Stiles was sitting on his bed reading a book with the wolf beside him. She smiled at him and ignored Derek's glare. She climbed on the bed and kissed Stiles. He smiled in the kiss but pulled back.  "Hey babe" he smiled at his girlfriend and got up. "When is Derek going to change back, I miss you" She says and kisses his neck. Derek sights and looks away. "When he finds his mate" Stiles answers and sits on a chair. "Then what are you doing here? You can't find his mate when you're sitting in his room" Malia says and sits on Stiles' lap. "I know, I tried to get him out of my house but he doesn't want to. Maybe he isn't ready for it. I mean, his wolf is, but maybe Derek isn't " Stiles says. "Whatever, I'gotta go" Malia sights and walks away. Without a goodbye kiss. That was new. But Stiles didn't care. He turns around and looks at the black wolf. "I want to go outside Der, we can't stay in here" Stiles says and walks to the wolf. Derek just sights and looks away again. "C'mon, don't you wanna walk in the woods?"Derek looked up. Stiles smiled. "That's what I'm talking about!" They walk downstairs where Noah is sitting on the couch. "We are going for a walk, we'll be back before dinner" Stiles says to his father and they walk outside. 

When they reach the woods Derek sprints away. "Derek!?" Stiles tries to run after him but the wolf is to fast. After fifteen minutes he finds the wolf sitting by a lake. "Dude, I was worried you just ran away and didn't came back" Stiles says. The wolf looks up. There is something different. He looks at the wolves eyes. Not Derek. "Shit!" Stiles says and runs away. Then he remembers. Never run away from a predator. He hears the wolf behind him. He looks behind him and sees that the wolf is close. He walks into a tree and walls on the ground. Just when the wolf is about to attack another black wolf growls and attacks him. Derek. Stiles sights and looks at Derek who's growling at the other wolf. The wolf runs away scared. Derek turns to Stiles and licks his face. "Ew, gross!" Stiles mumbles to the wolf. "Thanks Derek." Stiles says and tries to stand up. He and Derek walk for a few minutes and decide to go back to Stiles' house.