Chapter 4 - Let The Games Begin!

Chapter 4 - Let the games begin. 

"No this can't be happening. They can't do this to you! This will be the most embarrassing thing that happens to you, and you'll probably be scarred for life for making our school that wins every volleyball game lose, and no one will ever let you forget it, and you will have to live with it lowering your head through the shame every time you walk up and down those halls!" Louis finished, panting out of breath. 

"Yeah thanks Lou, you're always the one I should go to for help." I threw a fry at him, and rested my head in my hands. 

"Sorry, just can't believe this is happening" Louis mumbled quietly, eating the same fry I threw at him. 

"That makes two of us, I don't even know what I'm going to do." I groaned just thinking about the hundreds of things that could go wrong. 

"Oh yeah and just to make things better... Harry's on the team too." Nat added in, patting me on the back.

I dropped my spoon.

"No. No way! Make things better?! I am going to completely make a fool out of myself, in front of the one guy I can't even look at without melting. I'm so screwed." I leaned back in my chair, staring blankly ahead of me giving up with any happiness or any future I was planning on having this year. 

"My life is over, I give up. I have no future, its the end." 

"Well not yet at least.. you still got some time. Get to PE before they kill you for being late as well." Niall winked, as if he were hoping that was going to make me feel better. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I got changed into my disgusting gym uniform, the same gym uniform I thought I was going to be rid of forever last semester when I took it off and threw it in my never to wear again pile successfully. But here it was again, to haunt me and taunt me. I headed into the gym, and I bit my lip becausee I was greeted in the same way I thought I was going to be. All eyes were on me, but no in a good way. In a way where "What the hell is this chick doing here?" kind of way. I was being flashed with dirty and unwanted looks everywhere I turned. 

I didn't want to be here just as much as they didn't want her too. I tried my hardest to think of postive thoughts and stood with a few girls I recognized from last semester. The bleachers started filling up with students and adults, and soon the entire gymnasium was packed. This was supposed to be a really big game and I was not supposed to here. 

And it was as if someone was clicking a button where they could just do anything possible to make this situation more and more worse. I looked to my right, and from the doors that led to the gym, came Harry. He had on his signature headband that he always wore for PE, although it sounded weird and looked weird and most guys, oddly Harry could pull it off. He dribbled the volleyball he held in his hand and ran towards a few guys he knew and slapped hands and hugged each other. He had on the school's jersey, navy blue shorts that revealed his slick, muscular legs. His shirt he had underneath his jersey was rolled up at the sleeves and pinned up as he always had it.

There it was again, that constant beating in my chest, where my heart was racing and the blood was pumping fast through my veins. I couldn't breathe, maybe it was my eyes just playing tricks on me but I think Harry had just made eye contact with me. I quickly looked away pretending as if I didn't see him, but I couldn't help it. I had to take one more look...shit. He was still looking at me, and there was that devious person pressing that button again and making everything more and more worse. Harry was walking straight towards me. This would be okay, I would be fine and I wouldn't collapse and faint...hopefully.

"Hey Morgan, what are you doing here? This isn't your kind of thing is it?" His deep voice spoke into my ears, as he fiddled with the volleyball in his hands. 

"Uh, hey, I know it really isn't, trust me. The principal put me on the team because I was really behind last year." 

There we go, I didn't even stutter. Maybe I could get through this.

Harry nodded as if he were really interested in what I was saying, when I really wasn't saying anything important at all. It was something  I always noticed about. He always listened closely in class to anything the teachers would explain. When the teachers would be as irritating as ever and explain the most simplest tasks that we knew how to figure out when we were probably in middle school, everyone would start working already blanking out what the teachers were saying, except Harry. He would sit there, with his hand on his desk and one hand on his chin, the same position as always.

"So ready for the big game? You look pretty nervous." He said as he played around with the volleyball in his hand continously, switching it from hand to hand.I twitched, focusing back on our conversation and not creepy things like observing how a guy sat in his desk. But every little thing was distracting me. For example how his gym sleeves had been rolled all the way up, revealing his broad shoulders, and muscles. 

"Well, I hope you're aware of how much I really suck." I giggled, facing the floor. 

"I'm sure you don't suck, and even if you think you really do, you don't need to worry. You're just going to be on the bench in case one of the players gets injured, that’s when you come in. Other than that, you get to have fun and watch us win" He put his hands in the air, with a smile on his face. I could almost picture him as a cheerleader. Jesus I really had to get checked for ADHD...

"Are you serious? The relief right now I swear, if I actually had to play I was going to choke that principal to death."

He laughed and passed the ball to one of his friends who called for it on the other side of the gym. Of course, his serve was very impressive. "C’mon you can't be that bad!" 

"Oh really?" I placed my hands on my hips, "Have you seen me serve? If there were rules that allowed the ball to go in a whole different direction, smack off the wall, then roll under the net to the other side, then yeah, you can call me a good player." 

He smiled and pouted his lips. "Hmm, well good point. How about I give you some tips sometime and show you some moves? It could come in handy if you're going to be on this team for a while?"

"Actually, that would be wonderful, thanks!" I was blushing, but I ignored, I was actually quite interested in the offer. 

"Cool.You're pretty cool Morgan" He winked and jogged off to join the others. 

I stood there for a few seconds, contemplating reality. This really just happened. I just had a full on conversation with Harry Styles without making a complete fool out of myself, and I left him impressed. 

I wasn't as nervous anymmore, in fact I was pretty excited to see Harry on the court and cheering him on from the sidelines. This was gonna be one fun game, as long as none of the players got injured I was safe, simply cheering on from the side. 

I was sure many people didn't get injured in volleyball games, and I was crossing my fingers I didn't just jinx it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After half of the game, an over hand serve from the other team swooshes past at our side and just as one of the girls were about to get it, another guy from the oppostie team dived down at the same time, smacked into each other, and it just wasn't a pretty sight to see.

The coach blew his whistle, "Alright Morgan! I guess your up!"

I was frozen on the bench, and all I for wished right now was for someone to kill me...it would be less painful. 

End Of Chapter 4 !!

Hope you all enjoyed it, please lemme know what you think! :) Stay tuned for Chapter 5 ! :) xxx

- Rida xx