Chapter 34 - Secrets, secrets, secrets.

 "Alright, I think that's the last of it all." I dusted my hands off, after completing packing up all of Maria’s belongings. We decided to get rid of every last bit of memory of her, to help Louis move on. Every time he would come over he would just be terrorized by Maria’s memories. This was the best way to help him.  

I noticed Louis staring at picture, with a loving but sad gaze. He held it closely against his chest.   

I quietly sat down beside him. "Are you sure you don’t want to keep all of this? Do you really want to get rid of everything?” I asked him just to be sure.

He turned over realizing I was watching him, but he nodded his head. "I'm sure. I know I'm going to miss her even more if I have them with me. I'll just keep this. It’s the only thing I’ll keep. My only memory of her. The rest of it will be nothing but faint images in my mind of all of the times we spent together." Louis held out a photo album, and a scrapbook of both him and Maria. He showed it to me proudly. "Maria and I made this together. We decided we would hold all of our memories together in one place so we would never forget them. I'm going to keep that promise and remember all of the times we had forever and ever. I will always love Maria. I won’t forget her.” Louis’ beautiful colored eyes were now all red and puffy from those endless nights of crying. He would never be able to get over Maria. And l wouldn’t force him. Death wasn’t an easy thing to get over.

“Things do get better Lou, trust me. By the way…don’t mind me saying this but, how cheesy. A scrapbook of your memories? What have you been reading too many Nicholas Sparks books?” I crossed my arms in front of me giving him a judging look. I hope it wasn’t too soon to attempt one of my lame jokes but I just wanted to see him smile.

Louis looked up at me with a serious expression at first, but he couldn’t help himself. The corners of his lips stretched into a smile and he faced the ground. “No, because you know I don’t read.” He nudged me lightly. I giggled satisfied. It was just what I wanted. To see Louis happy and smiling. The Louis Tomlinson I knew never stopped smiling. To see a happy and cheerful person just totally give up on life like this was heartbreaking.

 He stopped smiling again and went back to being serious. “Rach, I never got a chance but, thank you. For everything. I can’t believe I stooped so low and actually accused you of everything that happened with Maria. Maria just wasn’t ready for such a big responsibility. Not telling me about it was a big mistake she made herself. She killed the baby and she knew she made a mistake. That’s the reason she paid the price and killed herself for that one mistake. It was a situation between only me and Maria that should have only been kept between us. I brought you into it and got you involved which completely screwed stuff with you. I’m sorry for doing that to you. I never wanted that to happen in the first place. All you ever did was try your best to help us with our problems. And I did nothing but doubt you. So thank you and I’m sorry.”

I pouted my lips and pulled Louis’ chin up forcing him to make eye contact with me. “Louis, I’m your oldest friend. I know you and I know everything about you. No one else knows you better than I do. Who else would you blame when that was all going on? There was no one else to blame. I was the one who kicked Maria out of the house and I should have never done so while she was in that condition. I am to blame. But you’re not. So stop feeling so guilty and cheer up a little. Anyways, now that were done packing I'll make sure to get this stuff sent to Maria's family, but please? Now can we have our little movie night session thing? For old times sake? The pizzas probably cold by now, the drinks are probably all warm. Let's make the best of what we can?" I put on my old puppy dog face in attempt to persuade Louis.