Chapter 46 - Madness in LA.

Zayn and I stood there, both frozen, in complete shock. Was this really happening? How the hell was Maria stood there in front of us? The girl that was supposedly dead?  Zayn and I both exchanged looks at one another and then back at Maria.

 “Go on, explain yourself, we deserve to know." I snapped at her, making my best effort to keep my cool. 

Maria moved around in her spot awkwardly. "Okay, please, please do not jump to conclusions, I really want you to listen to me first and then you can do whatever you want from there." 

I scoffed and slowly walked up to her so that only a small space was left between us. "Maria, you have no idea how hard I’m trying to be calm right now, if you say anymore shit I really don’t want to hear I’m going to beat you to the floor. So save yourself, and myself the time and spill it.”

Maria stared at me innocently. Oh I wasn’t falling for that face again.

She sighed and shrugged. "I'm sorry Rachel. I know I did such horrible things to you and Louis already, and then I just ran away out of nowhere putting all that guilt on you. I wish Louis hadn’t accused you of everything that happened.  I didn't mean for things to get that carried away--" 

 "Wait what? How do you even know that I was feeling guilty about it? How do you even know any of that?” She was acting really shady right now and I wanted to catch her in her every lie.

 "Let me start off from the beginning, just please listen to me." Maria rested her hands on my shoulders, but I pushed her off immediately.   

Whatever Maria was doing, or had done, I couldn’t even stand to look at her right now. Did she realize how big of a deal it was for what she had done? What she had done to her unborn child, and to Louis? She didn’t even look sorry or regretful, it was like she was just trying to cover herself up. I didn’t want to listen to a word she was about to say. The only thing I really wanted to do, was grab her by her throat and shove her to the ground throwing a few punches at her fake face. I felt Zayn touch my shoulder and he turned me around so that I was looking right into his eyes.

"Rach, just listen to her. You'll never know the real truth if you don’t. Just listen." He glared over at Maria.

I turned back around and groaned. "Spill it."

Maria fidgeted with her dress and nodded her head quickly. “This is so hard for me to talk about but-“

“GET TO THE FUCKING POINT!” Clearly Zayn was losing his patience as well, I silently applauded him for that one.

“Well you already I know lost the baby! There, I had a damn abortion. Honestly Rach, you’ll never understand what I was going through. Only I knew what I was going through and that was hell. My own family kicked me out of the house because of the baby, I couldn’t go back to school because of it when I had so many plans set up for my future, I was a burden on everyone else around me, and nothing was going right. I wasn’t even working to make any fucking money. With what money would we have raised the baby? With all of that on my mind and my mother fucking taunting me every day pressuring me into giving the baby up, I just couldn’t do it anymore okay? How long was I supposed to live in debt to everyone and have to raise the baby with so many problems, and have the child grow up hating his life because it’s parents can’t do shit for it? Do you not think I had a heart? Do you not think that it killed me to have to kill my baby? It did Rachel, it fucking did. I wish I could undo what I did but that’s reality and I can’t.” She stepped back, choking up. “I can’t do it. I couldn’t face Louis after that. I made a mistake and I would never be able to explain that mistake to Louis. I decided I would leave his life forever. I know it’s stupid but I’m stupid and I make stupid decisions and I made another stupid decision. So that’s-that’s basically it.”