Chapter 54 - [ Part 1 ] "You're always there for me..."

Chapter 54

*Zayn's POV*

I stood up in shock. I could not believe what I had just overheard. Stephanie. Had. Cancer. 

Stephanie.

I didn't know whether to break go inside and comfort her or just break down and cry. I didn't even care that there was some big secret apparently that Kate and Steph had been keeping from me. I was just completely and utterly devastated. 

I pushed the door open, standing in front of both Kate and Stephanie in shock. 

"Steph, I cannot believe this." I choked. 

Stephanie lowered her head and began sobbing right there and dropped to the ground. I ran towards her, pushing Kate out of the way. 

"Steph, it's alright. You are not going to die you hear me? You're going to stay alive, grow up, get a job, get married and live your life. Alright?" I stared into her eyes and squeezed her cold hands tightly into mine.

Stephanie choked a bit from all the crying, and forced a smile. "Zayn, I really love you I do. But I know that, that's going to all have to be a lie. I am dying Zayn. I am. I can't do anything about i-" 

"Shut up Steph! You're not going to okay!" I fought back the tears but there was no hope. 

The thought of Steph dying was too much for me, hearing her say it was even worse.

"You won't die Steph, you just won't." I snuggled my face into her neck, as we cried together. Feeling as if the moment could last forever and ever. 

 But really, we had much less time than we ever expected.

 --------------------------- 

*Rachel's POV*

"Alright everyone, gather around quickly, I've got a short and quick announcement to make! NIALL, CAN YOU FORGET THE FOOD FOR JUST A FEW SECONDS!" Mrs. Barns announced.

Niall shot her a dirty look, and put his chicken leg aside. I quickly came over and joined the crowd of students standing with Nat, Ash, and Danielle. 

"What do you think this is about?" Ash asked curiously. 

"Dunno, could be anything. Who knows what else is going to happen on this vacation." Nat sighed.

"Alright everyone. So as you may have heard, the unfortunatley the weather hasn't really been in our favour. There will be heavy raining and possibly some thunder storms. This is very bad news to us, since we were supposed to head back on Wednesday. But we've managed to postpone the flight back home, so we will be leaving in possibly a week or two. We've informed all of your parents and family members and they are all aware."

The crowd erupted with cheers. Who would want to go back and leave LA?

I looked over at everyone else around me, screaming and jumping in happiness. I was just hoping our last few days here would end peacefully.

Who knows what was going to happen next. 

--------------

I headed on into my cabin after an exhausting day. It was way too hot out there and especially after a nice long hot game of beach volleyball as always. It was probably the only thing we ever did here. I collapsed onto the couch in the living area and sighed. I thought over a few things in the moment.

Oh how I wished this trip could be anything but drama, but sadly all it was, was drama. Ever since we got here, the trip began with this stupid fighting between Zayn and Harry. It was impossible to even be in the same room with the both of them together. Then the unthinkable happened. I actually broke up with Harry.