Chapter 5 - Falling for him....

No way in the world was this happening. I was supposed to stand up, get on the court, and actually play out there. This was going to be one very memorable birthday...

I got up off of the side benches, and joined the team replacing the injured players position. Our team didn't show any sort of emotion or any team spririt to cheer me on and make me feel better, this was just a miserable situation. I stood in the front row in the middle and took a deep breath. I turned around and made eye contact with Harry...who seemed to be the only one smiling. "You can do this." He mouthed and nodded to me. I nodded back and turned around, making sure I bent my knees and my butt was sticking out just like coach had drilled into my head last year. I held my hands out ahead of me awaiting the ball. The other team couldn't have been any more intimidating. All of the guys were muscular, broad and tall, and the girls were all in perfect shape with expressions on their faces that scared me to death. There was no way I was going to help these guys in actually winning the game.

 The game went on and I tried my best, mostly it was Harry who would jump in front and get the ball in time whenever I missed it and he always made sure to give me a high five, and a bright smile making sure I didn't feel bummed about not getting it. If it weren't for Harry, I probably would have fainted by now and gave up long ago.

But I spoke to soon, now had come the time that I was dreading. My serve. The thing that I was horrible at, and everyone knew it.

"It's ok, just remember to focus on where your aiming at, try over handing the serve and pretend like… like it’s someone you really hate, who have bothered you your whole life and you couldn't do anything about. Someone you've wished that you could get back at and this is finally your chance. Possibly a group of scumbag guys? You can do it Morgan." Harry looked at me with a serious expression, staring right in to my eyes as if he were hinting something, then he winked and stepped back giving me space to serve. 

I was completely shocked. Not only at the fact that Harry believed in me, that I could actually get this damn ball over, but because he remembered…he remembered back in the day, where he saved me from those boys. That's who he must've meant when he said  "Someone you really hate, and never got back at." All this time I thought he didn't remember or recognize me....But I didn't have time to think about that yet. I had to get this ball over, and make my team proud. 

I took a deep breath.

I moved my hand out infront of me, and dribbled the volleyball a few times, it was what I saw most of the other girls do. I carefully placed the ball in the palm of my right hand, and pulled my left hand back.

I looked ahead and targeted where I was going to aim. The intensity was high. Everyone was waiting for me to make this serve happen. I took another deep breath, and swung my hand back, and smacked the ball hard.

To my surprise, to everyone's surprise, it made it over. The ball actually went over the net. I was ecstatic, and overjoyed with happiness. This kind of stuff never happened to me. Getting a little too distracted by my accomplishment, I completely forgot about the part where the other team could possibly actually hit the ball back. l didn''t realize that the other team had hit the ball, and it was coming back towards me. Then all of a sudden, the ball was heading straight in my direction and smacked into my face.

The stinging feeling on my face as if someone slapped me a hundred times across the cheek, was unbearable. My vision blurred and it was taking everything in me to stay standing up. I ignored the pain, I was not going to give up now. The dizziness stopped for a bit and I managed to look up focusing on what was going on. The gymnasium was surrounded in cheer and screaming and everyone on our team was jumping up and down hugging each other. Apparently, just as the ball hit my face, Harry got the ball in time and hit it over. We had actually won. A game which I was part of, this was unbelieveable. 

Everyone came running to towards me, attacking me with hugs and congratulations. They actually believed I won the game for them. What a hell of a plot twist. I was swarmed by people, I couldn't even recognize who was who with my vision still blurring. 

"You did it Morgan! What did I tell you!" Harry pushed through the crowd of people and hugged me tightly. Feeling his arms around me was just an unexplainable sensation. My heart melted and it felt like my legs were going to give out. He let go, and looked into my eyes with his piercing smile. 

"Yeah, I guess I did, but we both did--"

I stopped speaking right there, I felt like I was about to hurl or collapse. I guess my body chose option two because I suddenly felt light headed, and my vision blurred even more than before that I couldn't see at all.  Before anyone could even figure out there was something wrong,my legs finally gave out and I collapsed onto the floor. Then everything went black. 

End of Chapter 5 !!

Thanks so much for reading it guys! Don't forget to vote, comment, and spread the word:) xx

-- Ridaxx