Chapter 8 - The Start of Their Journey.

Chapter 8 - The start of their journey 

Ever since the big game, it hit me how great populaity really was. There were parties every other weekend, and I was invited to all of them. 

But of course, coming between all the fun came my family and wanting to spend time together; with my grandparents. I dreaded going there, there was absolutley nothing to do, including the fact I might even miss out on a chance of getting closer to Harry. Majority always ruled, and I was always over ruled, so it was decided we would be spending our weekend at my grandparents'.

It was a long drive out to the country side, but I didn't always mind it. People always complained about boring long rides, I actually quite enjoyed them. For once my mother considered my happiness along with her enjoyement, so she made a deal that I could bring my car as with mothers well and leave whenever I wanted. But I had to complete atleast a few decent hours of spending time with them. I lowered the radio and pulled into their driveway. I sighed and grabbed my bag. I was just looking forward to getting there and back.

---------------------

After a few very long hours, I was finally released from that hell hole. My cheeks were hurting from being so kind and pretending like I was actually enjoying myself. l took my chance just as my grandparents were planning on watching one of their classic movies again and left. I rushed into my car hoping I could make it back in time for the party. Hopefully I would bump into Harry and I could start a conversation with him again. I was actually pretty good at it now, he was so easy to talk to and I loved the way he didn't notice my awkwardness showing at times. I didn't realize how bumpy these roads actually were, I was sure on the way there they were fine. I noticed the gas sign ticking at the corner of my eye, and the car began to slow down. 

"Shit, I forgot to get gas.” I cursed to myself and let the car stop on its own. I saw the gas sign ticking I just kept ignoring it. My stupidity at times was unbelievable. Now what? I took my seatbelt off and turned around looking behind me and then in front of me. This area was completely deserted, and there was no chance of someone finding me here and helping me. I quickly grabbed my purse from the back seat and pulled it into my lap. I took her phone out of her purse, and what do you know, my luck plays its part here again, its dead. I chuck it back into my purse and just sit there thinking of all the horrible things that could happen to me right now. 

I was stranded in the middle of nowhere, and anything could happen. Who knew what creeps were lurking out in the woods, just waiting for a chance like this. I jumped back into my seat and locked all of my doors, and just prayed someone, normal, would find me. I sat there, and just waited and waited for a car to come by. I looked up and noticed a car coming by in the rear view mirror and I turned around. This was my only chance and I had get help, I wasn't going to stay stuck here forever. I swallowed hard, and ran out of my car, waving my arms in the air to get the drivers attention. Thankfully, the car actually slowed down. Now, was the part where I would figure out if this was just some creep or an actual decent human being willing to help a girl in trouble. The car pulled up in the lane beside me and rolled the tinted window down. My eyes widened in shock once I realized who it was. It was Harry.

"Hey Morgan, what are you doing here?"  His voice ringed cheerfully. 

"Oh, I was here to visit my grandparents and left early with this piece of crap. I forgot to get some gas before I left and well, here I am." I jumped off of the bunker and walked towards Harry's car.

"Well then, Hop on in,  Ill give you a lift" He gestured for me to get into the passengers seat. 

"Thank you so much but it's really no worry. I'm sure I'll figure something out, and I can't leave my car here."

He clucked his tongue and just stared me. "So you're going to stay, for how ever long you have to with wild animals running around, kidnappers and rapers just searching for their victims, when the one chance someone could have helped you, you didn't take it?"