Chapter 12 - Wherefore Art Thou, Harry?

Chapter 12 - Wherefore art thou, Harry?

"Rachel you are going to be late again, get up!" My eyes shot open after I felt a pillow being whipped at my face. I groaned, and stretched my arms above my head, struggling to get up. "God Ali, there are more decent ways to wake a person up." 

I rubbed my eyes and forced myself out of bed and into the washroom. As I brushed me teeth, once again I went through a mental montage of flashbacks through my head thinking about my night before with Harry. It was just one of those dreams every girl wished for. I was still processing it through my head that it wasn't a dream and it was actually reality. After our kiss, Harry walked me home and gave me one last quick kiss before he wished me goodnight and went on his way. His soft, perfectly pink lips that parted just before they touched mine...

"OHMYGOSH RACHEL! THIS TIME I WILL SO BE ON LOUIS SIDE WHEN HE COMES COMPLAINING! JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A CAR NOW DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T BE LATE!" Ali shouted once again, interupting my beautiful thought. 

"Alright, alright, calm yourself I'm coming." I was actually feeling alright about school today, I'd be able to see Harry...

But of course, the negative thoughts never left my brain. What if we weren't a couple to him yet? It could have just been a simple kiss to him, and maybe he might not want anything more. Or, what if we were one of those couples that every other kid in the school envied and wanted to have a relationship just like us? 

I shook my head and quickly gathered my things, shoved a bagel into my mouth and headed off to school where I was hoping to bump into Harry.

-------------------------------------------------------

"You know, I have been trying to convince my mum into getting me a car. I think it's about time I stopped getting in trouble for being so late to my classes because of someone else!" Louis complained once again as he got into my car. There was no need for hints in the sarcasm in his voice. 

I sighed,"Hey be grateful, okay. Atleast you have a ride."

"Atleast you have a ride" He mocked me and glued his eyes back to his phone. I smiled, and looked out the window as we reached the school, my eyes searching for Harry.

 "Hey what's up with you today?" Louis' voice startled me, and I broke my stare from outside the window and looked at him.

"What?"

He shrugged his shoulder, shoving a cookie into his mouth. "I don't know you seem sort of tense, whats up?"

I still hadn't decide if I were going to tell Louis about what happened between Harry and I. Of course I was going to eventually, just not yet. "Oh it's nothing" I grabbed bag from the back seat, "I've just got lot's of school stuff I have to catch up on. You know going out of town, I didn't get to finish much homework." 

I tried to avoid eye contact with him, I knew the second he looked in my eyes he would know I were lying. He'd been my best friend for years, of course he would.

I felt  him staring at me from the corner of my eye. "You sure?"

"Yes, of course, and if there was anything I would make sure to tell you. So chill" I forced a smile and opened the door to get out of the car.  I quickly walked to the front of the schoool doors, without waiting for Louis to catch up. 

"Alright well then I guess I'll see you later?" He called after me, and I noticed the confusion and surprise in his voice. I was already so far away, there was no way he was going to hear me. So I entered into the school without replying. 

---------------------------------

I know I was being a bit too paranoid, but I couldn't help it. I was so anxious to find Harry, every where I looked my eyes searched for him. Where could he be? It might just be my love crazed mind, but I thought that after you kissed a guy, the guy would atleast text you, or offer to drive you to school, or wait for you outside of the school. But nope, he wasn't even at my locker.