Chapter 21 - [Part 1] The Plan...

Chapter 21- [Part 1] The plan..

I barged through the door of his house. Louis and Maria were both just sitting on the couch, watching a movie and jumped when they saw me crash inside. 

"Woah Rach, what are you doing here at this time?" Louis asked getting up from the couch and  helped Maria up. 

"Well, you said the main reason you were moving was because your parents didn't want you to see Maria anymore, or keep any contact whatsoever right?" I confirmed looking at Maria and then back at Louis.

"Yeah, thats right. That's actually the only reason." Louis answered looking down, but still interested in what I had to say. 

"And Maria, your parents kicked you out?" I asked looking at Maria who was very confused. 

"Yes, I'm just staying in a rental basement right now. But who knows how long that might be, I don't have the money right now." Maria whimpered. Louis raised his arm around her shoulders.

"Well then, how about instead of having to go through all of this---how about Maria comes and lives with me and my family." I finally let it out. There was silence all around us and I waited there for answer with the biggest smile on my face.

"Oh, no Rachel. It's fine. I can find a way somehow to look for a part time job or something, I can't put all that burden over you." Maria assured me. l knew this was coming. Trying to be all modest, saying that I didn;t have to do all that, and yada yada. 

"No Maria! You can only work for so long when you're about to have the baby and what happens when you do have the baby? Who's going to take care of it? I'll make sure to ask my mom to confirm it with you guys tomorrow and I'm sure she'll be fine with it. She's known Louis forever and be willing to do anything for him, just like I am. This way, you two can meet up with eachother any time you want and Louis can always come by and see the baby. Your parents won't even know. You need the support Maria, to help you get through all of this. You need Louis with you. If he's gone, all of this is going to be put on you and you won't have any help. Sooner or later, you will give up and have had enough. As long as Louis is with you, that won't happen." I explained to her as calmly as I could.

"Rachel, thanks so much for this, and taking time to actually think of a way to help us out, but this is too much. We're not asking for help, it's fine. Besides, what if my parents do find out that Maria is living here? Or, what if your mum doesn't even approve?" Louis bit on his nails nervously. 

"She will approve. I will make her say yes, and I'm pretty sure I won't have to convince her. She knows you Lou. And I'm sure that if your parents do find out, they really won't care once they see the beautiful baby. No one can say no to them. They're parents, they won't be able to do that.  Until the baby is actually born, we will keep it a secret and make sure no one but my family knows. What do you say Maria?" I looked at Maria ignoring Louis. I needed an answer from her.

"I--I don't know. I can't let you do all this for me...and plus it's not only up to me....it's up to Louis as well." Maria looked up at Louis for help.

I groaned throwing my hands in the air, "LOUIS! Do you not want to be able to witness the birth of your baby boy? To be able to carry him and tell him how beautiful he is? To be able to be with Maria through all this?!" 

Maria looked up at Louis as well, as if she was hoping for him to say yes. Louis was shocked, and didn't know what to do. He had always wanted to be with Maria and to make sure he could do every thing to help her. He couldn't possibly run away from the only chance they had. 

He took a deep breath and then finally nodded, "Okay, I guess it's fine. But please, make sure you ask first, and just....take care of her would you Rach?"

"Of course I will." I answered moving closer to the two. 

"You have no idea how much this means to us. I can't believe we can actually do this now. It's all because of you, thank you!" Maria exclaimed crushing me in her arms.

"No problem, I'm happy to help you guys out, I'lll ask my mom and let you all know tomorrow. But I would recommend getting your bags packed Maria. I'm sure she will say yes." I winked. 

Maria laughed, while Louis still kept a serious face. 

 I glanced at the clock behind them. Shit it was late and I needed to get on my mums good side to make sure she would agree to this. "Okay, well I better get going now, mum might get worried, it's pretty late."

"I'll drop you off, I've gotta get Maria home anyways before my parents come home." Louis said as he grabbed his keys and headed out the door. 

He was being weird...was he not okay with this?

Maria held on to my hand with a smile and we both followed Louis into the car.
---------------------------------------------------

"Alright, here's your stop missy." Louis navigated and pointed outside the window.

I took off my seatbelt and sighed, "It's been so long that you didn't even have the time to tell me you got a car eh?" 

"Yeah, its one of the ways my dad tried to convince me into moving with him. The old fashioned 'sweet talk you son into doing what you want by getting him a car."". 

I laughed "Its not as bad as you're making it sound. It's a car man, others would be thrilled. Atleast you don't have to be late anymore because of me." .

He broke into laughter,"Oh god, Rach. I miss this. So much. Because of all that's going on, I've missed out on us. I'm so sorry." His face fell back to his gloomy mood.