Chapter 23 - Too Close For Comfort...

Chapter 23 - Too close for comfort 

I only remember standing in my house, frozen unable to move before I grabbed my keys and almost ran out the door. But Louis pulled me back making sure I explained to him what had happened. I did and he didn't ask any more questions. He pulled Maria with him and we were all running out of the house and into the cars. We needed to get to that hospital as soon as we could. 

"Here, I'll drive." Louis snatched the keys out of my hand, realizing how much I was already shaking with fear. I nodded and sat in the back seat with Maria in the front comforting me every few minutes that every thing was fine. I only remained silent. Why was Niall in the hospital? What might have happened!? My heart was racing as my brain kept jumping to assumptions and I was getting more and more scared. I breathed in heavily and leaned back praying that Niall was alright. 

Louis was driving as fast as he could. And now all I could do was wait. 
-----------------------------------

We had finally arrived and rushed into the hospital. We collected the information to Niall's room from the front desk and took the elevator upstairs. Louis rested his hand on my shoulder assuring me every thing was fine. We stepped out of the elevator and each of us looked around to find the room number. I noticed Nat and Ash standing together at a distance. "Guys, it's Nat and Ash!" I ran towards them with Maria and Louis following behind. 

Oddly, once we got close to them they didn't look worried at all..

"What happened to Niall!?" We all shouted in unison.

"What?" Ash asked confused. 

I just wanted to smack her. Was she seriously joking right now? "What do you mean what? We're here 'cause of Niall aren't we? Nat called us and told us he was in the hospital!" Louis shouted.

Ash's eyes wided once Louis explained what he had heard. She gritted her teeth and pushed Nat. "Oh, my god. Nat what is wrong with you! I told you Niall was there with her in the hospital, not that Niall himself was in the hospital! God you're such an idiot!" Ash shouted to Nat. 

Nat pouted and tried her best to look innocent. "Well don't forget you almost forgot to tell me that bit! I already called Rachel when you texted me that he was at the hospital so that's exactly what I told Rach. I was already off of the phone with her by the time I saw your second tex explaining everything." She rolled her eyes stepping away from Ash. 

Even though I wanted to shove Nat to the floor and tackle her ass, I was relieved as ever on the inside. "Just tell us Niall's okay?" I had to make sure.

Ash stepped forward and nodded her head. "Yes, yes! Of course he's fine! If only he hadn't gotten involved in other peoples buisness, this might have not happened. But here we have Niall, always wanting to be the hero.  A bunch of older guys I think, started to tease and harass this girl as well. It was after school and they solidated her in the corner behind the school. I guess Niall was walking by and saw them. You know our Niall, he can't ever just be bystander. He always needs to take charge and help out somehow. So he got involved and began fighting with them. He managed to actually punch out...one guy. But he's just so small, the guys were too much for him. They kind of started to attack Niall and with his already broken arm, it wasn't really easy. Thankfully, another boy stepped in to help him. I think his name was Liam something? The jock?" Ash questioned, unsure.

My eyes widened. Liam? Her Liam? "Liam! Liam was involved too?"

"Yeah, he beat up the rest of the guys, but they escaped and ran away like always. There was no time to call the cops. He helped Niall up and picked up the poor girl that was injured badly. He's the one who brought these guys to the hospital. Niall just had to get a few touchups on his cast, other than that he's fine now. He's just waiting in the room with the girl to make sure she's okay. She's still unconcious." Ash finally finished explaining the situation.

I couldn't believe Niall had once again gotten himself involved in something that wasn't his problem especially with the injuries he already had. Although after being harassed myself by those boys and the relief that went over me when Harry appeared...I had to be proud of Niall for doing this. "Can we go see them?" Louis asked still holding onto Maria's hand, as she listened in closely as well. 

"Yeah, they're in the room down there, you guys can quickly go and check up on them." Nat answered. I just noticed Nat and Ash did not question once about Maria being here. 

"Alright thanks guys!" Louis answered as he grabbed Maria's arm rushing into go find Niall and the girl. 

I stayed behind for a minute, still having a question on my mind. "Guys, umm, where's Liam now?" 

"I think he's in the waiting room over there, he wanted to make sure that you came and saw Niall and the girl so that he would know it's okay to leave." Nat replied back smiling. 

I grinned. Thank god Liam reached there in time. Who knows what could have happened to poor Niall and that girl?