Chapter 55 - To live, or To Die.

Chapter 55

I stood there frozen. I couldn't breathe. It felt as if the world's oxygen was gone, and my lungs had failed on me. My life just flashed before my eyes.

Did Zayn just....was he dead?

"NO! ZAYN! NOOOO!" I threw my arms up and almost chased after him in the burning fire. I needed to get him back, this wasn't happening. But I felt someone pull me back.

"RACHEL NO! STAY BACK YOU CAN'T GO INSIDE!" Louis shouted at me.

"BUT ZAYN'S IN THERE! WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT EVEN BE DEAD!"

"Rachel, the firemen have gone inside. They WILL get him, and don't worry. He's going to be okay." He lowered his voice to keep me calm, but I couldn't be fixed right now; I was shaking uncontrollably.

"It's his fault for acting like some hero and going on inside when the fireman were here and could've gone inside and saved Liam themselves." Harry whispered to himself rudely.

I pushed Harry off of my other arm. "Really Harry? At least he has the guts to save a girl he cares about. Unlike someone I know." I snapped at him. I was seriously sick of Harry's shit.

Harry stood there in shock and I was glad. I moved along ignoring him and pulled Louis with me. I ran up to Niall and Liam to make sure they were okay. The rain and wild weather finally seemed to have stopped.

"Are you guys alright?" They definitely were not.

Liam was brutally injured. His leg was bleeding, and he had his arm clutched near his chest in pain. He was bawling in tears, but not for himself. For Zayn.

And once he saw me he reacted even more.

"RACHEL! RACHEL OH MY GOD I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! I'm so sorry, it's my entire fault. If I hadn't gone in, he wouldn't have had to come in himself and find me. What was I thinking of myself? Some hero? I could never help anyone like that. I just got my own friend to save me when I went to go find him, and you of course. He risked his life to do it. I'm so stupid!" Liam beat his fist into the sand.

Danielle caressed his shoulders consoling him.

"Hey, Liam don't you dare say that." I grabbed his face and forced him to look into my eyes. "Zayn WILL come out. He's a strong guy and very smart. He probably escaped somehow, or the fireman probably found him. Just keep hope." I was here calming him down. Obviously, I wasn't taking my own advice.

All hope seemed like there was no point. Things seemed pretty obvious...

"Thank god we got you out of there quick enough though Liam. If me and Lou hadn't come quickly and brought you over here, you would have been part of that blow up as well. If only Zayn moved in time...." Niall added fighting back tears.

Liam just sighed heavily, and buried his face into Danielle's shoulder. "I won't ever be able to forgive myself if anything happens to Zayn." He quietly whispered.

I stood back up to find Harry by my side. "I'm sorry Rach, I seem like such a jerk. Zayn will get out of there. We all know it. You don't have to worry." I sighed. I didn't even want to see Harry right now. But at lease he was trying.

All I could think about now was Zayn though. All of my memories with him flowed back. From the moment I first saw him at our school.

I knew him as the hot new kid. The geography classes we had together, the fun conversations, the basketball game...the dance. The day he surprised me by bringing me to a fair--where he kissed me. I was such a bitch to him that night too; I overreacted when he kissed me.