Chapter 64 - No More Fights, No More Rivalry.

CHAPTER 64

 "Well what did you guys expect me to do? I couldn't not kiss him back! I feel for him too!" Rachel ripped her bag off of her shoulder and threw it onto the nearest couch - the girls following behind her.

“Rach, you can't just play with them like that! You may not see it, but as of now, you’re playing with their emotions! How do you think Harry feels when you leave his side like that? When you’re making out with Zayn? Or when you get all lovey-dovey with Harry right in front of Zayn? Rachel, what are you doing? They aren’t toys!" Ash took a seat on the couch, her face tinged with red and lungs drawing for breath.

 A lump rose in Rachel’s throat as her eyes welled with tears. "I don't know what I'm doing, okay? I don’t know why, or how, but I can’t choose between them and I’m hurting them in the process. You don't think that it hurts me to see either of them heartbroken? No matter what I do, in the end, one of their hearts is going to be broken at my hands, and that’s what worries me. It’s just… inevitable. As of now, I love them both, and I can’t be without either of them. I can’t even get through a day without seeing one of them.”

 "Just stay friends with them – and I mean you stay friends." Danielle added in for Ash.

 "You've got two amazing guys after you. Even I don't play that hard to get. What haven't they done for you? Just choose already, dammit Rach!" Nat chimed loudly as she shook Rachel, who was sat on the couch dazed in her thoughts with tears slowly making their way along her flushed cheeks.

 Eleanor jumped in and used her lull voice to subdue the tension that was hovering like a cloud above Rachel. "Really, though, Rachel, you've got to put an end to this. We need you to choose now – they need you to choose.”

 Rachel’s absent face pulled into a wrinkled forehead, raised eyebrows, and eyes that were shot wide open. This decision was important and she needed to be sure that she was making the right one – she needed time. "You know what? I don't need you guys telling me what to do. It's hard enough dealing with all this on my own already, I thought you guys were my friends and I could come to you for advice whenever I wanted to. I can do this on my own. All you guys are telling me is to ‘choose’. I know that. Thanks for all your help, now get out." Rachel’s blood was boiling as tears were still drying on her face.

 The four of them were taken aback; vacantly staring at Rachel with their mouths gaped open. She had never acted like this.

 “PMSing much, Rach?” Nat said.

 They laid their gaping stares at Nat and gestured her to dummy up. She slouched her head down in annoyance and threw herself back onto the couch.

 “But Rach, we only mean well for you --" Just then Rachel cut Danielle off.

 "Dan, I’m sorry. I can't do this right now. Please, just go." A deep breath climbed up Rachel’s lungs as her closed eyelids held her guilt-ridden eyes from making contact with any of the others’.

 Danielle’s face instantly drained and seconds later she shot up from the couch. "Let's go guys."

 She pushed the other girls out the door and followed behind them angrily. "Oh, and just so you know, you're welcome for always being there for you. We're your friends and only want the best for you. We're telling you this because we care for you, Harry, and Zayn. But clearly you're too immature to get that." She stormed out of Rachel’s house and slammed the door shut.

 Rachel fell to her knees and dissolved into tears, as emotions randomly sprouted out of her like a radioactive isotope. She had never spoken to her friends in that tone.