Chapter 10 - Simple, but Effective...

Chapter 10 - Simple, but effective

I didnt know what to think, or feel at the moment. I just knew that this was the end and the ground was probably closer than I thought it was. Gravity pulled me towards the ground, but just when I lost hold of the ladder and thought I was going to drop right to the bottom, I felt myself come right back up again. I was panting and out of breath, but I looked upwards and there I saw Harry. 

He was holding tightly onto my arm and pulling me up with all his strength. While keeping his own balance up with his one hand on the ladder. 

"I've got you, I promised I wouldn't let you fall. Now don't look down, and keep saying to your self that you'll make it down." Harry softly calmed me down. 

"Okay." I replied terrified.

Harry gently let go of my hand, making sure I was alright, and then he signaled for me to start going down. I did as he said and told myself that I could do this. It felt so far down and every step I took I thought I was going to give up right there. But I would make it down, I would make it down, I would make it down, I would make it down, I wou-- I made it. I made it? I made it. 

"Harry! I made it! I actually made it down, I conquered my biggest fear how is this possible!" I was jumping up and down, overjoyed with happiness.

Harry just got off the ladder laughing at my excitement over all this. I turned around, and ran into Harry's arms, wrapping my own arms around his neck and hugged him as tightly as possible. 

"Thank you Harry! Without you, I probably would have died back there, but I also want to kill you at the same time for making me do this in the first place." I shut my eyes and just rested my head there on his shoulder. 

"I would have regreted it with my heart for life if I'd let you fall." Harry quietly whispered into my ear.

I pulled back. Did he really just say that?

"You would?" I asked clarifying that I wasn't just hearing things. 

"Course" he said with a smile.

We then linked arms quickly, and ran escaping the hotel and getting out of sight. 

-------------------------------------------------
I followed Harry while we ran for who knows how long.

" Woo, I'm tired!" I was panting from all the running. I bent down and rested my hands on my knees, and placed one had on my hip.

"Thank god because here's my car." He walked up to his car and lay his body all over the front. "My baby is back." He lay down on his back and spread his arms all over the car.

I laughed watching him all over his car. "Something tells me you're quite attached to this vehicle."

He rolled his eyes and opened the door to the car, making sure every thing was still inside. "I called the towing guys and they brought it here, my dad knows a bunch of people. Your car is already at your house, I gave them your address. Although I'm not sure they would have fixed the car." He rubbed his chin staring at it.

"Then we're back to where we started, at the car. The car doesnt work either. How do we get home?" I leaned against the Range Rover.

"Hey, hey, no need to be so negative. Let's give it a try, hopefully our luck might help us out for once." He suggested grabbing onto my hand, and dragged me inside. He pushed the keys into the ignition and crossed his fingers for good luck. Another thing noted, he's superstitious as well. My eyes popped open at the loud sounds. 

"It worked! I guesss it wasn't the gas, it must've been something else." Harry exclaimed with excitement. 

"Finally, let's get on home then."

----------------------------------

We had just escaped an hotel, without paying the money we owed, succeeded and now we're driving back home in a car that I never thought I would be inside. The fact that all this was done with Harry, made it all ten times better. We had been driving for a while now, and Harry had the radio turned up loud, but not too loud where I couldn't even hear myself think. I was incredibly tired, and I rested my head against the window. It was was dark outside, and it was only eight pm. I started to recognize the area, meaning we were close to home. We reached a familiar area when suddenly, the car stopped..... again.

"Oh crap. I guess this is that 'something else' that did this to us before." Harry pulled the keys out.

"Shit, now what?" I asked looking at Harry, hoping he had the answer. He just shook his head side to side and had his head down low.

I was the biggest jinxer of life...

END OF CHAPTER 10!

Hope you all enjoyed!! Leave your comments/suggestions, and any ideas that I could possibly even use for my next chapter! Thanks for Reading ! :) 

-- Rida xx