Chapter 9 - Harry's Crazy Idea.

Chapter 9 - Harry's crazy idea 

"Harry! No way, are you crazy? We are NOT running away from the hotel! We owe money, and we're going to find a way to pay it back!" I scolded him making sure this was not going to happen. 

He groaned and stepped back. "Oh c'mon Rach! You were the one telling me to live a little a few minutes ago, who's the one who needs to live a little now?" He argued.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms infront of me 

"Haven't you ever wanted to experience something like this before? Sure in the moment you might be scared to death, but the minute its over you're going to laugh and tell your kids your crazy story of when you ran away from a hotel? Even I haven't done this before, but it would be so much fun! C'mon Rach, just trust me!"

"Okay for one, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be telling my kids about some crime I would have done in the past, and I just don't feel like---"

"Rach, just trust, me.." He interupted putting emphasis on each word. He held onto my hand and looked at me so deeply, I felt like he was staring into my soul. 

I knew I could trust him, I could trust him with my life. And he was right, how bad could it possibly be? I was going to get in shit anyways for staying MIA from home for two nights anyways, if my mum found out about this, eh, I could handle it. 

"Fine."

He jumped a little. "Wait what was that?"

"Fine, I'll do it." 

"And if we get into shit for this, you can blame me for it all, and I won't care. You can kill me yourself if you want." 

"Deal." I agreed.

"Yes Rachel!" He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly, then he pulled back. "Quick, get your things!" 

 I quickly gathered all of my things and even cleaned up the room a bit. If we were eaving without paying, the least w could do was tidy up a bit.

Harry quickly returned after gathering his stuff, and opened the door very slowly. He grabbed onto my hand and stepped in the front, with me by his side. He first looked left, right, and then pulled me close. 

"No one's here, lets go!" He whispered and we ran for it. 

We both ran out of the room, all the way to the end of the hallway, where the fire escape was. We were at a balcony with a ladder leading down it. After realizing how high up we were, I looked down. I quickly jumped back and pulled my hands up to my mouth and gasped. I couldn't do this. 

"Harry no I can't, I'm sorry." I backed away, and placed my hand on my chest frightened to death.

"Why Rach whats wrong?" He asked concerned. 

"I'm totally afraid of heights, I'll fall"

"No, no you won't. Don't worry, nothing is going to happen to you." He pressed his hands against my cheeks. "Trust me Rach, just stay close to me and don't look down. I won't let you fall." And I believed every word he said. 

I nodded my head and closed my eyes, I couldn't believe I was doing this. "Okay." I replied back nervousley.

He held his arm out infront of him gesturing for me to go first. "Go on, if you go first, you will get there faster, and I'll make sure no one sees us from behind." Harry slowly put his hand against my back, moving me infront of him.

"Alright, but please Harry don't let me fall." I closed my eyes walked ahead. 

"I would never." He guranteed, and smiled.

I took a deep breath and  slowly lowered my right leg down and then my left leg. I didn't know where we were going with this, and what was going to happen. But I had already made it this far and I had to trust Harry, he looked so sure that this would work. Maybe it even would, who knew?

I went down one step and quickly looked up making sure not to look down. It wasn't so bad after all once you got started. Then Harry quickly made his way down, much faster than I had. We tried to be as safe and quiet as possible. I was half way down to the bottom when I accidenly looked down. It was just a reflex, and then I realized how god damn high I was up. My heart was pumping and the adrenaline was rushing in my veins. 

I could practically see the entire town from up here. The trees looked like tiny bushes and I could hardly pick out the people who looked like tiny specks. I quickly turned away, shaking my head and focused my attention on getting off of the ladder. I lowered my leg once again, but as I placed my foot on the step, I felt my foot slip off and my entire body fell with it. 

 I  felt myself fall, and I was sure, that once I got to the bottom of this ladder, it wasn't going to be pretty.

END OF CHAPTER 9! 

Hope you all enjoyed, please leave your comments or suggestions for me to use in the next chapters, I would love to hear from all of you! 

Thanks for reading

-- Rida xx