Chapter 70 - "9 months later." [Part 2.]

Chapter 70 part 2

“Oh god, it’s like impossible to see anything now!” Louis complained as he leaned in close to the windshield, struggling to see what was ahead.

“We can still go back Louis, it won’t be too far. But we should get back home.” Liam suggested worried.

Louis shook his head confidently. “Nah its fine, we’re almost there anyways, there’s no point in turning back now.”

“Lou, maybe Liam is right, we’ll go a little farther, and if it gets worse, we’re going back alright?” Eleanor told him.

Louis nodded trying to focus his full attention on the driving.

The truck they were sat in was HUGE. It had enough room for them to get comfortable  and relax.

Ash was sitting in between Zayn and Danielle, and Nat sat in between Niall and Eleanor.

“So, are you excited to get to your new house?” Zayn turned to Ash and started a conversation.

Ash smiled shyly. “Yeah, a bit, I just wish I didn’t have to yano? I mean, I’ve been living in my old house for the longest time, and I just got to know that area so well…and the people. It hurts to let it all go. I don’t wanna go.”

Zayn smiled and shifted himself over to face Ash properly.

“Just because you’re moving away, it doesn’t mean we’ll never get to see you? I promise, I’ll make sure to gather the gang once in a while and drive down to your place to see you whenever you aren’t able to come see us. There are things in life; you need to take big steps and risks in. This is just that one risk that you’re about to take, and I’m sure you’ll love it. Once you get used to the place, I’m sure you’ll forget about us right away.” Zayn laughed at his own joke.

But Ash didn’t smile. Instead, she wore a frown on her face. “I will never… ever forget you….guys.” She covered up quickly.

Zayn looked down and bit his lip. Then he moved closer and whispered. “And I’m sure…you’ll find your perfect guy for you in no time, who will keep a beautiful girl like you as happy as ever. He’ll be able to make you feel right, and do things for you that I could never do.”

“I don’t ever think I’ll be able to ever find anyone as good as you Zayn, Rachel is one lucky girl.” Ash whispered very quietly, keeping her voice down from the others hearing.

Zayn smiled crookedly, and stretched his arm out and put it around her shoulders.

Ash leaned in and rested her head on his shoulder, cherishing this moment, this last moment she would ever have with the one guy she could ever fall so deeply in love with.

Her love, her heart, was breathing for this moment in time.

Suddenly, the car began to slow down.

“Woah, what’s going Lou?” Niall asked jumping up, and hugging Nat protectively by his side.

Louis had a tense expression on his face.

“I don’t know, I’m trying to get it to move, it won’t.” Louis grunted, stomping on the gas pedal and switching gears.

“LOU WATCH OUT!” Liam shouted pointing towards a large tree on the side of the road the car had trailed off to.

Louis reacted right away and stepped on the brakes.

Thankfully, the car stopped.

But….the car really did stop. It wasn’t moving anymore.

“Guys something’s wrong with the car, I’ve got to check it out but stay put. Don’t worry; I’m sure we can fix it. C’mon Liam.” Louis assured the gang sitting in the back seat, and the two of them got out of the car to check what was wrong.