Chapter 20 - To help a friend....

"Uhh...hey guys." I waved awkwardly standing there.

Louis cleared his throat and stood up with his hands in front of him."Yeah, sorry to just barge in like this Rach, your mum let us in since she was going out and said you would be back soon." 

"Oh no that's fine, sit down. Want anything to drink?" I turned into the kitchen that was connected with our living room.

"No thanks, it's fine." Louis replied back. I looked behind Louis and noticed Maria standing behind him, blankly. She was expressionless, looked pale and broken. But I couldn't help but notice, she still looked beautiful. Both of them were goodlooking and the perfect match for one another. Maria's hair was identical to mine, but more like Louis'. She was a brunette with straight long hair that she always kept half up and half down. 

"Hello." Maria sweetly greeted and a forced smile.. "It's been a while since I've seen you Rach, it's nice to see you again." She slowly blinked.

"Yes it has and same to you, you still look great." I complemented her. Maria grinned and looked back down at the ground.

Louis stepped up, with his hands shoved into his pockets. "Yeah, Rachel, we have to tell you something." Louis voice broke and he held onto Maria's hand. "The baby is mine."

Maria looked at me and then back at Louis."I don't know how this happened. I don't know what I'm going to do, or where I'm going to go when Louis leaves."  Maria's beautiful face broke into tears while Louis held her in his arms. "I want to have the baby, I'm not going to have an abortion or give it up for adoption but how am I going to be able to do this."

I felt so useless just listening to their problems and not being able to do a thing about it. 

"I'm so sorry guys, I wish I could do something to help but I--I can't."I bit my lip, watching wipe Maria's tears away. "Louis did you tell your parents about this?"

"Yes, but they're still stuck in stone with their decision. They don't care about what's going on at all." 

It was pissing me off how inconsiderate parents could be sometimes. Louis and Maria did nothing wrong, it was a mistake and now there's no going back. They have to support them. I just didn't understand what they were going to do. Instead of letting them stay together their parents were the ones pulling them apart and making this even harder. 

"If I could do something I would, but I'm always here for you guys alright? Please do make sure to let me know if you need anything." 

"No, it's alright Rachel. We never meant to expect you to do anything for us, we just wanted to let you know first before anyone else found out." Maria said softly, rubbing her stomach.

"Yeah we better go now, we just wanted to let you know." Louis reached over and hugged me quickly. "I'll get be in your Maria."

Maria nodded and waited for Louis to walk out the door. She turned to me and hugged me for a few minutes. I felt her sobbing on my shoulder. I didn't really know what to do so I stupidly rubbed her head. I felt so incredibly bad for them. She finally pulled back, "Thank you Rachel" Maria whispered. I nodded my head.

I watched Maria walk to her car while Louis helped her inside. Once she was in he carefully shut the door behind her, taking one more glance back at me. He smiled back and sighed. 

I shut the door and leaned against it. I never in a million years saw this coming and now that it had I had no idea how to help.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Aww, are you blushing cause you're with me, or are you just really that cold?" Harry teased, while we walked together. It was finally the end of the school week, and I was so glad it was friday. I had completely forgotten about driving my car ever since Harry always had a love for walking to school. He strongly believed in actively living. Something, I absolutley didn't give one shit about. But for him, I was okay with it. 

"No, I'm just that cold, sorry for the disappointment." I replied with a wink.

Harry laughed and covered me with his Jack Wills sweater. 

"Thank you," I pulled my arms through the sleeves. 

"No problem, so what happened with Louis? Did you find out what made him act like that." Harry asked.

I was dreading this moment because I knew I would have to lie to him. I knew he would ask and I knew I would have to come up with a lie. 

"He's just...like I said before, it's grades, school, girls. It's just small things, he's always been a stresser over the smallest things. He just needed someone to talk to all along, thats all." 

It wasn't exactly a lie, but it just wasn't the total truth.

"Oh is that it? Well if he wanted someone to talk to he shouldn't have avoided you. I mean shouldn't he know that you're his friend and you're there to hear him out?" Something in his voice told me he wasn't totally convinced, but I played along as best as I could. If only he really knew the truth. 

"Yeah, I guess..."I cleared my throat, "Well anyways, my dancing lessons went pretty well." I quickly changed the topic.

"Right I forgot to ask! So, when is that party thing." His face looked a little uncomfortable.

"Yeah, it was great! Zayn and I actually learned a couple of moves, hopefully we don't mess up at the party. I think it's tomorrow, I'm not quite sure I still have to ask." I smiled at him, rubbing my cold hands together.

"Harry? You okay? You're not woried about Zayn and me are you?"