Chapter 44 - LA, Here we Come!

Chapter 44 - LA, here we come! 

 "Oh, Rach! I found it! These were the shorts you were looking for right?" Ash held out a pair of denim shorts in front of her.

I sighed of relief.  "Yes, thank you!"

"I still can't find my yellow tank-top! I am not leaving without it!" Nat shouted. 

 Ash and I both exchanged looks and then glared at Nat. "Yo, dumbass, you're wearing it." Ash pointed to the little bit of yellow sticking out from underneath her shirt.

 Nat looked down at it, then blushed embarrassed. "Oh, right." 

 “I can never pack ahead of time and packing on the day, is just a riot for me!" I shoved a pile of clothes into my suitcase. 

 "Preach it sista." Ash sighed, zipping up her suitcase. 

 My house was nothing but chaos right now. We had all been up since six in the morning trying to pack stuff for our L.A. trip. We were slackers of course but there was also so much to get done in so little time, it just wasn’t fair.

 "Man, there was no point in sleeping over! We should have seen this coming; there is no way we ever get anything done. We always get distracted somehow." Nat whined annoyingly. 

I groaned and stopped packing for a second. "Nat, c'mon, you've got to stop complaining and get your butt packing. If we're late, it's all on you." 

Nat rolled her eyes and she finally got up, lazily throwing her things into her bags.

 I noticed Ali come into the room a while ago and I ignored her, but now she was going through all of my things and she was well aware that one of my biggest pet peeves. I really didn’t need any more distractions right now.

  "ALI! GET OUT NOW! I DON'T NEED YOU ANNOYING ME MORE THAN I ALREADY AM!"

Ali backed away, looking terrified and ran out the door. 

 "Man, Rach you need to chill. She’s only a kid…" Ash mumbled quietly.

I knew I was a bit too harsh, but I needed every little distraction out of my way at the moment. I just needed to get everything done and out of the way and my grumpiness would disappear instantly.

After a long half an hour we had finally completed all of our packing. The three of us collapsed onto my bed exhausted. "Phew, thank god that's done." Nat said still panting. I glanced over on the opposite side of my room, to see Harry coming in, carrying Ali in his arms. 

He was holding her tightly and I could even hear her whispering consoling words to her. I jumped up and fixed myself up to look presentable. "Oh, hey Harry, what brings you here?"

Harry smiled revealing his deep dimples, "Well, I came to drive you girls to the airport, because I knew the madness that would happen the day before the trip."

 Nat cut in quickly, "Actually, THE DAY. We just started."

 Harry's eyes widened. "Exactly, well, anyways, and then once your mum let me in, I noticed a cute little girl crying downstairs. I think 'somebody' made her quite upset, and 'somebody' should apologize." Harry eyed me sternly. 

I raised my eyebrow at him. Gosh, he was so protective of Ali, it was like my mother scolding me about her again. But I had to admit, a part of me absolutely loved that he was like this. He really did develop a bond with Ali.  I held Ali’s tiny hands and looked her directly in the eyes.

"I'm sorry about that Ali. l was just a little bit grumpy from all of the packing, I promise I didn't mean it." 

Ali rubbed her eyes with her hand, looked at Harry first waiting for him to nod and then looked back at me. "It's okay, I'm sorry for bothering you."