Chapter 32 - Harry Reveals The Truth.

Chapter 32 - Harry reveals the truth 

I stood there speechless and unable to move. His back slowly turned and he revealed his face. The same face that I once loved, but now hated. His curls flipped with the wind slowly tossing them to the side.

I was furious right now. How dare he think a few gifts and a surprise dinner could win me back? He did something wrong and he broke my heart, I was never going to forgive him. "If I knew it was you, I would have never even bothered to come"

I wanted to get away from there as fast as I could but I felt him run up behind me and turn me around. "Wait Rachel! Please just wait, you said you would hear me out. Zayn isn't going to tell you, so I might as well tell you myself. There's no point in being a coward if I really want you back. Just hear me out once and let me tell my side of the story. I promise I will stay out of your life forever after that if you still want to believe what you saw. I promise I'll leave for good." I was trying my best not to give in. I wasn’t going to. He cheated on me and once a cheater always a cheater. But I stood there at a loss for words. Just staring at his hand tightly grasping onto my arm. I slowly looked up into his eyes, those green eyes that were staring in to my soul as if he was begging me to complete his request.

I sighed. "Okay, fine." I nervously pulled my purse back onto my shoulder and took Harry's hand while he lead me over towards a table.

"Thank you for giving me a chance Rach. But first, how about we have some dinner and talk before we get to the whole serious stuff?" Harry attempted a bright smile like he actually thought that I wanted to be here. I looked down at my stomach and put my hands over it. Damn my stomach was growling…

I fixed my hair awkwardly and nodded. "Yeah, fine. Whatever. But only because I'm actually starving."

He smiled even bigger as if my answer actually brought so much happiness towards him. Ha, what a fake. I just wanted to slap that smile off of his face and get to the point. But I was starved and anxious to eat. He ordered dinner and we began eating in an awkward silence. Our usual dates would have consisted of many conversations and chatting in between, but clearly things had changed.

 I would take quick glances at him while I ate and every time I looked up he was staring at me.

"Wow, you still eat like a pig." He said with a laugh.

 I shoved a spoonful of spaghetti in my mouth. "Hey, I told you.... I said I was starving alright?" 

Harry put his hands up in defense. "I know, I'm not complaining, it's just funny. But I can still beat you. Remember our stupid eating contests? To see who could eat faster and who could eat more? I'd beat you any day. Always have, always will." Harry smirked taking a bite out of his food.

 "Oh yeah? Is that a challenge? Let's see about that. Don't think you can ever challenge the Rachel Morgan without a real competition. Lets do this!" 

We both gobbled down our food as fast as we could. I remember whenever we did this before, I always lost because I started to laugh. I couldn’t help it, Harry’s face just always looked so funny and cute. Once again, the same thing happened. I spat the food I had forced into my mouth in a napkin. "Okay, I'm sorry I can't. I swear I'll choke and die if I take another bite." 

Harry sat back in his chair and smiled confidently. "SUCCESS. And Styles wins again! As always" He smiled and moved forward wiping a bit of whipped cream off of my lip. 

I caught a glimpse of Harry's green eyes staring into mine. The same eyes the first caught my attention. The beautiful shade of emerald green, with a mixture of grey. They were so unique, so soft, so gentle and so soulful. I realized what I was doing and shook my head. I pulled back away from him and pushed my chair out further. I pulled out my phone, trying to find an excuse for why I had interrupted our long gaze as a distraction. Of course, my phone was really dead. I just needed something to make sure nothing happened between me and Harry tonight.