Chapter 28- The Truth Told, by Harry.

Chapter 28  - The truth told by Harry 

*Zayn's POV*

I was in no mood to hear what he had to say, but I just wanted this to get over with so I could throw a punch right smack in the middle of his face. He had led me outside where no one was around and sighed turning his pathetic face towards me.

"I did not mean for any of that to happen, its not the way it looked like. And I swear I'm not just saying that. I meant to apologize to Rachel and explain what happened..but she never gave me the chance! I called her constantly but she kept ignoring me." Harry pleaded. 

"What? Just like all of the other fucking time shes forgiven you! You've crossed the lines man! I'm going to make sure she doesn't forgive you!" I was so protective towards Rachel, no one could understand it. 

Harry grabbed my arm tightly. "Just please Zayn. I know you really hate me right now, but listen to me." Harry pleaded.

I pushed Harry's arm off, but nudged him to go on.

"I swear I have no feelings for Kate. We broke up and that was that. I don't like her anything more than a friend. Heck I didn't even know she came back to this school. I love Rachel with all my heart, and I always will." Harry explained.

I rolled my eyes but kept listening.

"When Kate invited me upstairs, she needed help to bring down a table that you broke. That's the only reason I went."

*Back at the party, Harry's side of the story...*

 "Can you help me bring down a table from upstairs Harry? That kid Zayn over there broke it arm wrestling with someone." 

Of course I was willing to help, but after our arguement over Kate last night I wasn't sure it was the right thing to be doing. I would look so shady going up there with Kate by ourselves. I didn't want to leave her here, but how was I just supposed to say no. I was sure Rachel would understand. 

"Sure! I'll be right back Rach." Ileaned over and kissed her quickly. It just killed me inside to even leave her for a few minutes. I wanted this night to be us together the entire time. But I would only be a little while. Kate smiled and lead me upstairs. It was the same as I last remembered. The long narrow stairs, leading up to the second level of her home. It was a luxurious house. 

I followed Kate, not knowing where she was really leading me. I had never been to this end of the house.

 "It's right in here..." Kate called walking into the doorway of a room. I stepped inside and looked around, there was no table? 

"Umm Kate where is it...?" I asked turning around, but I was confused as fuck to what she was doing. She kicked the door behind us closed with her foot and walked stood there. 

She slowly turned around, and moved her legs around. She snickered."Still acting stupid aren't you? You knew why I called you up here. But if I must explain every thing, the table was my only excuse to get you up here. I knew you would be the gentleman you always were and agree to help me out. Come on! I know you've been waiting for this day forever. Now's your chance." She pulled my collar and pulled my face close to hers.

"That stupid brat Rachel kept trying to pull you away from me, I guess this just proves no one can come between us.  The truth is, I never stopped loving you. I know you still love me as much as I love you. This is your chance, now come on." Kate leaned into me, forcing herself on top of me, but I pushed her off but making sure I didn't hurt her. 

"What the fuck Kate? Do you have any idea what your doing? You're just drunk, and have no idea what you're talking about. Come on let's go back to the party now." I fixed my clothes and headed towards the door without waiting for her but I felt her grab my arm and she tugged me back, hard.  I fell back onto the bed. She unzipped her dress before I could even look away and wrapped her legs around my hips pinning my arms down so I couldn't move. 

"Stop trying to act all smart. I'm not even that drunk. I know exactly what I'm doing. And I've been waiting to do this for the longest time." She pulled her face near my neck and I fet her agressively licked it but I tried to pull her off. But she really had me pinned beneath her. 

"Let go of me! Kate we're over! Does that mean nothing to you? GET OFF!" I yelled constantly but the more I yelled the more angrier she got and continued to undress. 

Kate smashed her lips onto mine and wouldn't let go. She held tightly onto my wrists so I couldn't even move my hands. She shoved her tongue down my throat and I felt myself getting hard on her. I felt her smirk through her agressive kisses. "I knew you wanted me" I lost control in myself and my body went numb and I sat there just letting whatever was happening be done. My body was responding to her even though my mind was telling her no. Her hand reached over behind her back and she un hooked her bra throwing it to the ground. I closed my eyes but she pinched my arm until I looked. Her hands were all up in my curls and then she reached her hands down lower and felt me, rubbing up and down. I looked past Kate trying to  avoid her breasts in my face, and that's when I saw her and every thing was too late. Rachel had walked in and witnessed the entire thing. I bit onto Kate's lip so she could let go which she did and I finally had my chance to break through. It was as if Kate had planned this whole thing from the start. Making sure that Rachel came and saw me cheating on her. 

"I hate you Harry!" Were the last words she said before she ran out of that door. I shouted and ran behind her yelling for her to stop. Begging her to stay and hear me out but she was gone. She was gone believing that I really hurt her. That I did this on purpose. She thought I didn't love her anymore. But only I really knew how much I loved Rachel Morgan. More than anyone I had ever loved.

 "You don't want her Harry. She's pathetic. Atleast with me you won't have to deal with all that drama." I heard Kate's voice as she stepped up beside me. 

It kept every thing in me from putting a hand on her and hurting her.  "You've caused enough problems for tonight. Just stay the hell away from me!" I shouted at her and ran off chasing after Rachel, hoping she hadn't gone too far yet.

I ran downstairs as fast as I could. I followed her outside and chased her, but it was too late. She was gone. I leaned against the wall outside and broke down. This was the worst thing that could have ever happened. Every thing I wanted to stay away from, from hurting her and breaking her in any way that was possible, it now looked like I had lived up to my reputation and really hurt her. She was gone forever and I was the one to blame. The girl I loved was gone. 

------------------------------------------------------

*Zayn's POV*

"So that's what happened. You don't have to believe me. I'm not expecting you to. But that's the truth." Harry finally finished explaining.

I didn't know what to say. As much as I hated to admit it, I was sure he was telling the truth. He couldn't be that low of a person to make something like this up. I shifted in my spot and looked back up at Harry. "So, do you really think she's just going to forgive you again? Maybe you should move on with Kate. You two are a perfect match. Rachel deserves someone better."

He shrugged his shoulders as if he had taken no offense to what I just said, "I don't know if she will, but I do know that I can't give up. I won't give up on trying to win her back. I owe her the truth. An explanation at least. I need to talk to her atleast once. She's the only person who knows me more than anyone else, I know she'll listen to me and give me one more chance. I would never lie to Rachel. I hurt her, and I know that. It was not intentional." Harry explained defending himself.

"I don't know what you're plotting in that mind of yours, but if you hurt her again. I swear to god I will end you. If you don't believe in yourself, then just leave her now. If you don't trust yourself, she'll never trust you again either." I slid my bag on my shoulder and stormed away leaving him there. I really believed the best thing for Rachel was for him to leave her. 

But...I needed him to her the truth, just once. It was what was right. 

If she still didn't believe him, then he would walk out of her life forever. Without any complaints, wishes or hopes. He would walk away, forever.

END OF CHAPTER 28

Thanks for reading guys!  You are all amazing, remember to keep voting and spreading the word about my story:) 

-- Rida xx