Chapter 53 - Stephanie's Big Secret.

Chapter 53 - Stephanie's big secret 

I thought I was just a normal girl who had a crush on a guy. Somehow, things worked out and we got together, but I never in a million years thought that I would be the one to push him away myself. I never thought things would get so drastic where a new guy comes in, a crazy ex arrives to destroy my relationship, so many lies, jealousy and then even a little bit of happy and romantic moments. Didn't these things only exist in books and movies?

I groaned and rolled out of bed, tired as hell. The past few days had been exhausting and dreadful, so much had. It still killed me to think that I had broken up with Harry. I just couldn't forget about it. And then I did something I never ever thought I was capable of doing. I slept with Zayn. 

 Zayn. My best friend. Just so I could use him for my own selfish reasons. I know I hurt him and he was probably feeling so used. I had already rejected him before, then Stephanie left him out of the blue.  Now that Stephanie was back, he needed time to think things through. But technically I hadn't done anything wrong to Harry since I had said we were broken up before I slept with Zayn--no. What I had done was wrong and there was no arguing towards it.  

  "This is probably the best news I have heard yet. I thought this trip was just full of shit. Now, I quite like it actually." Kate sneered as she walked in. 

 She walked up towards me and leaned against the wall, crossing her arms in front of her. I rolled my eyes. Kate was the last person I wanted to talk to my problems with right now. But I tried to play it dumb,  "What are you talking about?"

Kate smiled flashing her perfect teeth.

"You broke up with Harry I hear. Now tell me, what was the point of all those arguments, the rivalries, and the fights with me if all you were going to do was break up with him in the end? Clearly you've proven how 'in love' with him you are. You're such a stupid girl, you never did deserve Harry in the first place. I don't know what you did to him to convince him to even date you. You're pathetic and I don't even see any good looks whatsoever on you."

No word that she uttered from her filthy mouth about my looks would hurt me more than the other things I had done. "You know what Kate, that coming from you doesn't do anything to me. You weren't the best girlfriend either and I know that for a fact. I've never seen anyone as disgusting as you; someone who forces herself onto someone else boyfriend to create differences between them and break them up. You're psychotic Kate. Harry and I loved each other for who we were. You wouldn't understand the kind of love we shared." I choked up a bit on making that statement past tense. "And don't go getting your hopes up. I haven't given up on him yet either. I just called a break. If you think this is your chance or something, you’re wrong. Harry's never going to take you back after all the things you have done in the past." 

Kate moved an inch closer so that I could feel every word she was saying. "I think you're forgetting who I am. I’m Kate. Kate. I can do anything, to get what I want. I've ruined people’s lives before just doing so. Watch me win Harry back. That’s a promise." She rolled her eyes and marched off. 

I was frozen in my spot. I had nothing left to say. What could I say? I couldn't guarantee that Harry would wait for me. I broke up with him, that didn't mean he would actually wait for me to tell him the break was over and that I wanted him back. 

I still loved Harry with all my heart, we spent too long together for me not to, but something inside me always told me it was time for a break. I found it was the right thing to do at the time. Of course I would regret it later on, but that was why I said what came to her mind first at that time.