Chapter 43 - The start of a new friendship

 "Man, Mrs. Morgan you are the most amazing cook I have ever seen." Louis munched on a spoonful of lasagna with his mouth already full. 

I giggled. It was Saturday afternoon and I had invited Louis over to have lunch. After all this drama, I didn't want him to forget that I was still his good old friend.

 "Oh by the way, you're always complaining to me that I don't spend enough time with you, now look at yourself!" Louis whined chugging down some water without even swallowing his food first. 

I stared at him in disgust. "Okay first, you eat like a pig. And second, I’m sure you would much rather chow down food then pay any attention to me.”

He clucked his tongue and moved his shoulders up and down. "That’s true, I just came for the food I wasn’t even planning on spending time with you.”

I gasped and threw a dish towel at him. “You jerk!”

My mum stood behind, wiping the dishes clean and laughed silently.  “I still cannot believe a friendship as tight as the both of yours, goes like this. You actually seem like you’re fighting." 

Louis and I both stared at each other seriously. I looked away, hiding my smirk. "That's because we are fighting, Louis’ a jerk!" I snapped, just wanting to go along with the joke for a little longer. 

 "Oh give it a rest Rachel, we all know you love me." Louis smiled brightly, and gave me a nuggie on my head. 

"Louis! My hair!" I whined, but looked up at him grimacing. He laughed sheepishly as he sat back down in his seat to finish up his lasagna. 

 "So Louis, how long are you staying till? Because it would be great if you joined us for dinner as well!" My mum exclaimed. Louis hesitated looking at me. 

My face broadened. "Yeah that would be great! AND EVEN BETTER! Because Harry's coming over tonight as well for dinner!" 

"Oh yes, I totally forgot!" My mum said as she finished loading the dishwasher.

"Wait, what?" Louis looked back and forth completely confused, placing his cup of water back on the table.

"Harry's coming over later, for dinner and this is a great way for you two to get along better!"

Louis shook his head quickly in disagreement. He picked up his plate and cup, placing it on the counter. "Na. Never. I'm not staying, sorry. Thank you for the offer Mrs. Morgan, but I don't get along quite well with Harry..." Louis added apologetically. 

My mum nodded understanding and turned away.  "Oh alright, suit yourself sweetie." 

I got up from my seat protesting. "No mum! Louis, you are staying! C'mon please? I really want you to get to know Harry a little better. Trust me, he's a great guy and really friendly. Why are you so tough on him anyways?”

 "Cause he's a whor-"

 "Don't say it." I interrupted him before he finished. "Just please do it for me? Besides getting along, it would be perfect because Harry and I are getting back together after so long and I don't want any awkwardness between us yet. Maybe if we started off the night with just a fun group of friends, things could be a little easier on us. Please Lou, just help me out?" I begged with puppy dog eyes. 

I stood there patiently waiting for him to agree. He finally rolled his eyes and sighed. "Ugh, okay fine. But you owe me big time. You know how much that guy irritates me. I'm only doing this for you Rach."