Chapter 1

ENJOY.

THANKS FOR READING.

Thank you so much to JustYourFriend for the awesome cover!! <33333

  "Be there at six." Cassidy instructed.

    "But I eat dinner at six."

    "No, I meant six  AM."

    "There's one of those in the mornings too?" I rolled my head back to look at her lazily.

    She only shook her head, rolled her bright blue eyes, gave me a stern look before she strutted away.

     Cassidy was the captain of the cheer squad at Emerson High School. She was also probably one of my best friends since the third grade. She was just a big ball of energy, probably the reason that she was captain. I, however, am pretty sure the only reason I made it on the squad back in Freshman year was because I was flexible and obnoxious.

   I put both straps over my shoulders and set out to go to my locker. My locker was my backs best friend because this year all my teachers decided that not only I should have a two inch binder just for their class but also, I should bring my book everyday to class. As I stepped up to my locker and put in my combo my brother, Jack came up beside me to his own locker.

     Jack was a year older than me, him being a senior and I being a junior. But we were, despite the odds, actually pretty close. We used to fight like cats and dogs but that all changed when I came into Emerson freshman year and he beat up a guy for hitting on me. It made me realize that maybe he actually cared and I think it made him realize that as well.

     "Hey," I greeted giving him a brief smile before taking out my PreCal book, binder, and notebook.

      "Hey, Hayley. What's up?" He asked.

      "You know, the usual. Nothing. By the way, I can't give you a ride tomorrow, I have morning practice." I told him.

      "Ew."

      "Trust me, I know."

       Just then someone bumped hard into my brother making him crash against his locker. Conner Newman. Although there was plenty of room in the large hallway he just had to bump into my brother. Why, of course.

       "Hey! Watch it, jerk!" I yelled after him.

Connor just put his middle finger up in the air without even turning around as he continued down the hallway.

        "Oh, real mature." I muttered. What a complete asshole.

        Jack just watched after him with me.

       "God, that guy, I swear Hayley. You ever get involved with a guy like that and I don't know what I'll do..." He trailed off as he practically shook from anger.

       "Jeez, Jack. Calm down. No sense in getting all worked up. Come on, let's just get to class."

       Precal was just as eventful as ever, meaning nothing happened. I couldn't really pay attention. All I could think of was the run-in with Conner and all the witty and rude remarks I could have given but hadn't thought of at the time. Well, hopefully I won't ever have to use them.

      Walking to Physics, knowing Conner was in that class, I kept my head down. I sat down in the back right corner like usual. I felt a presence sit next to me and figured it was just Randy, the awkward lanky guy that usually took the seat. He was an okay guy but holding up a conversation with him took a lot of work so I never really tried talking to him anymore.

     The class started and in walked Ms. Powers, whose chin hair was almost as long as the hair on her head. "Hello, class. Get out your notes notebook and we'll begin." She said turning on the screen and letting a PowerPoint of notes appear.

     "Psssssttt." I heard from beside me and was shocked to see Conner sitting there. Nonetheless I turned back to my notebook and started writing the notes in my chicken scrawl.

    "Pssssstttt."

    Just ignore it Hayley, I thought.

    "Psssst."

    You can do it, I encouraged to myself.

    "Psssssttt!!!!" He got louder and louder.

    "What?" I whisper-yelled.

    "Do you have gum?"

    I turned to him with the deadliest glare I could muster and slowly took out a gum packet from my backpack. It was trident layers in green apple flavor, my favorite. He grinned, holding his hand out. I took out a piece before slowly unwrapping it and shoving it into my mouth. Then I stuffed the packet back into my backpack.

    "Yeah, I do." I grinned.

    I chewed obnoxiously just to really get to him. Well, I chewed until I heard Ms. Powers voice, "Hayley, are you chewing gum in my class? I told you in the beginning of the year that that is my one rule. Spit it out and wait outside, I need to talk to you."

   My cheeks inflamed, probably a new shade of red that only existed in a Crayola 64 pack. I quickly got up and left the room, tossing my gum out on the way. The whole way I could hear Conner's taunting snickers.

     After a long talk with the Physics teacher that had called me out I went back into the classroom, all eyes on me. Conner's though were the ones I really felt as he gave me his signature side smirk. I sat down begrudgingly in my seat and tried my best to ignore him.

     He had never talked to me or bothered me at all before. Why now? Or was it because he already got bored of bullying his nerd of the week? Whatever the reason, I wanted him to stop.

      "So, boring class, huh?" Conner asked after class as we all got up to leave.

      I decided to just ignore him until he gets tired of talking to me. I've used this method before and have found it always works.

      "Aw, you're going to ignore me now? That's cute. Because guess what Princess? I got all day to get you to talk to me. And then I have tomorrow and the next day and the next day... Don't think I'll get bored either, because when I want something," at this point his lips were right at my ear as he stood behind me while I was at my locker. His breath was hot as it fanned against my bare neck and I could barely contain my shiver and he said the last part all too seductively, "I get it. And guess what, Hayley? I want you."

THIS IS NOT EDITED.