Chapter 28

Hey, guys! 

Sorry this chapter took so long to get out! I honestly have no excuseD:

It's pretty dang short, so I'm sorry about that.

I'm just sucking all over the place, aren't I? lol

I hope you guys like it though

sorry if there's any weird spacing

 And also, since this is so damn short I will be updating in the next two days a chapter that will be longerr. Don't worry!

ENJOY

COMMENT VOTE & FAN

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

We all sat down for dinner after a long ten minutes. My mom had made some type of Thai chicken and rice along with a salad. My mom was really into Asian food so that's what we usually had. It smelled delicious and that's exactly what Conner told her.

    "So you two met in Physics from what I understand?" My asked, heaping rice and chicken onto all of our plates.

   "Uh, yes, ma'am. We sat next to each other."

   "Please, call me Beth. That's wonderful! Are you any good at Physics?" My mom asked.

   "Better than some." He replied modestly.

   "He's the top of all her classes." I told mom.

   She looked absolutely delighted. "Oh! That's wonderful. Isn't it, Luke?"

   Luke only grunted.

   I sighed, this night was just getting better and better.

  "Maybe you could tutor Hayley sometime. I'm afraid it's not her best class." My mom said shamefully.

  "Mom!" I shouted. I was beyond embarrassed. Did she really have to mention that I sucked in school to the whole table. God.

   "It's nothing to be ashamed of. You're doing great in English! You almost have an A." She told me.

   Oh, my God. So I wasn't the brightest chopstick in the drawer. So what? I could do other things! Like I can cheer my butt off. Okay so I kind of suck at all the jumps..but I am flexible. I just hated that I sucked in school. I mean, I try so freaking hard to do well, it's just hard for me. My mom knows how it is and yet she still constantly brings it up like it's payback or something for the pain of labor. 

    "Thanks, mom." I mumbled sarcastically.

    Conner went and held my hand under the table which made me smile despite myself. He was the sweetest boy in the entire world. No doubt about it.

   "I would love to help you, Hayley. Any day, really." He told me. His eyes were so sweet and friendly and...he was just perfect. And now, of course, I sound like a little school girl.

   "Thanks," I smiled back.

************************************************************************************************************

   After the dinner that took way too long I walked Conner over to his car. He gave me a quick peck knowing that my family were all peeking out the windows.

   "Thanks for coming tonight. It meant a lot." I told him.

    He smiled, "anytime. Besides, you can come over to mines next weekend."

   I'm sorry, but.....WHAT? With Sandra? I think not.

   "I'm sorry, but next weekend I'm extremely busy." I lied.

   "Really? With what, then?" 

  "Feeding my cat, brushing my hair, painting my toes. Girl stuff, you wouldn't understand." I said.

  "It sounds to me like you're trying to back out." He said.

  "What? Me? No! I just..I don't think I'll be able to make it. Send your parents my regards though. Okay, bye!" I practically ran back my house. 

  As soon as I got in I saw Luke.

  "So that was Conner." He said.

  I gave him a flat look, "no, that was Paul."

   "Very funny. I liked him." He grinned.

   Oh, was he serious?

    Five minutes later I got a text.

     Saturday. 6 o'clock. Be at my place for dinner. xx

 Damn, that Conner.

************************************************************************************************************

I got up to my room feeling emotionally exhausted and checked my Facebook. I saw I got a new message from Tiffany and I smiled as I opened it.

    Hey, Hayley:]

   Okay, well I am free on Saturday afternoon, if you're available then? We could go to Mayble's coffee? If you've ever heard of it? They have the absolute best cappicinos! 

   Hope the day will work out well for you:)

  Best regards,

  Tiffany

   I quickly typed back.

   Hello, there.

  Sure! That sounds great. I'll meet you there around noon? 

  And, oh I know! I go there all the time.

 See you soon,

 Hayley

I quickly hit the send button and closed my laptop. I got in my pajamas and went to bed but not before texting Conner a good night text to which he responded : Night, babe:) Are you free tomorrow?

   Yeah, I am. Why?

   I really need to tell you something.

  I instantly got worried.

 Good or bad?

  Hopefully good.

 Okay, well I guess just text me when you wake up then and we'll see from there.

   Yeah, see you tomorrow:)

   Night =] 

 Now, not only did I have to worry about the dinner on Saturday but also tomorrow's 'talk'. How am I ever going to sleep?

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Anyone have any ideas of what Conner's funna tell her? I think it's pretty obvious. lol

If you haven't checked out my new story, Testing the Waters of the World, you should! It's a lot different than this one. It's still teen fiction and romance but I don't know...I feel like its completely different. But yeah! Go ahead and check it out if you will:)

Hope you enjoyed!

COMMENT VOTE & FAN