Chapter 11

Hey, cuties! <3

New chapter! 

It's kind of filler so I'm sorry. The drama will start soon though so that's like, super exciting.

Hope you guys enjoy

VOTE COMMENT & FAN

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

In detention I started to read a book about a girl and a boy who fell in love. But the boy was terminally ill and I could only guess what would happen. He would die. It was inevitable. Inevitable just like taxes. Inevitable like fate. Inevitable like an end. Inevitable like everything that is about to happen. I realised my eyes were just a little teary as I turned the pages of this tragic love story. Something else I knew that was inevitable was the falling apart. Because everything that has come together must eventually fall apart.
   Did that mean Conner and I would fall apart? Would I eventually forget all about him? Time heals all wounds. And it heals it all because over time you forget. Things don’t seem as bad. Would that mean, in time, I would forget him?
   Okay, now I’m talking like I’m in love with him or something. We haven’t even kissed, let alone gone on a date. Geez, I thought, shaking my head.
 A note was thrown onto my desk and I looked towards the direction it was thrown from. Conner.
                           Are you alright?

                          Fine

                          Sure?

                          Yeah

                          I have an idea. You & me. After this detention?

                          Do what?

                         Go back to my place? ;)

                         Pig.

                         Nah, I’m just joking. We could go to the park or something. Wherever.

                        Okay.

  And that is how we made plans for after detention. Destination? Still unknown. We were just driving around till one of us spotted somewhere to go. The car was silent besides the light music that was playing in the background. I recognized the soft guitar of Damien Rice.
   “Ooh! Stop there!” I shouted, excited at what I was seeing.
  “What? At Waffle House? That place is gross.” He argued but nonetheless pulled into their parking lot.
    I gasped, “it is not gross! Waffle House has the best waffles and bacon. Their eggs are kind of gross, so be warned. But their pancakes are pretty good too.”
     We both got out of his car and walked into the Waffle House. It smelled heaviliy of bacon and fried chicken. This was my favorite place as a kid and I couldn’t believe I was back. A lady in her late thirties showed us to our seats and handed us two menus.
    “Their chicken and waffles is the best. The absolute best.” I gushed, wiggling in my seat.
    Conner, who sat across from me, looked at the menu disdainfully.
     “How is their, uh, french toast?”
     “It’s alright. But it’s definitely not the best. I would go for the ‘cake pancakes’. It’s like a sweet pancake with a whipped cream face. It’s pretty fantastic.”
      His face scrunched up in disgust. “Their biscuits and gravy?”
      “It’s pretty good. But seriously. It’s called the Waffle House for a reason. Their waffles are insane. So is there bacon.” I advised.
       “Uh, I’ll get the short stack of waffles with a side of bacon.” He finally decided.
       We ordered and got our food in a record five minutes. It wasn’t all that busy seeing as all they served was breakfast and it was four o’clock in the afternoon. My plate was two large waffles covered in fried chicken. I had a large bowl of maple syrup on the side along with some butter. Conner’s plate was three large waffles with bacon flowing off the side of the plate, there was so much crammed on it. He also had butter and maple syrup on the side. We had both ordered hot chocolate (me with extra marshmallows).
       “This is a lot of food.” He muttered, looking at his plate in amazement.
       “That’s the best thing about this place. It’s meal size and it’s dirt cheap.” I grinned before lightly drizzling maple syrup over my waffles.
         “I have to say. This stuff smells great.” He said before doing the same.
         We both dug in and simultaneously moaned. Oh yes. Waffle House definitely had the best waffles in the world. We ate and talked and laughed and did everything two people who liked each other were supposed to do.
         “So, uh,” I mumbled. I still wasn’t completely comfortable asking about this kind of thing. “Francesca is coming back. What are you, uh, going to, uh, do?” I finally stumbled out.
        “Nothing.” He replied looking rather amused.
        “Nothing?”
        “That’s what I said.”
        “So she comes up and declares her undying love for you and you do nothing?” I asked once again.
         “That’s what I said. I feel like ignoring a problem and it’ll go away.” He said before placing the last bit of bacon in his mouth.
          He placed a twenty on the table and we left, finding a bench right outside where we sat down and continued to talk.
         “So she’s a problem?” I couldn’t help but let a small smile form on my face. Ha, I thought, she’s a problem.
        “When I want to be with you, yes.” He replied, eyes focused solely on me.
        I decided to have a little fun. “Oh. So if I wasn’t in the picture you would go out with her?”
        His eyes widened as he backpedaled. “What? No! I just meant..that...hey, you’re playing with me, aren’t you?”
       I laughed, “yeah. Look, it’s cool. I just don’t want to have everything between us fall apart because your old girlfriend is in love with you.” I mumbled.
      “Aw, that’s real cute, Hayley. Real cute. But like I told you, she never loved me in the first place.” He explained, resting his hand on my arm.
      “I know, I know. But she doesn’t know that. Jeez.”
      “But she still won’t try that hard if she’s not actually in love with me.”
  “She’s flying all the way back to America from Italy. I think she’s willing to try real hard.” I muttered. Francesca was stupid.
   “Don’t worry, babe. I like you. And when Francesca comes, I’ll still like you. And hopefully, if the date goes well, we’ll be together. And she’ll know that and maybe she’ll realize it all on her own”
   “Except for the fact that my brother can’t know. And that means no one can know. Which means she won’t know. Which leads to her thinking you’re available. And let me tell you something,” I brought my face right next to his. “You are not available.”

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I hope you enjoyed it! [:

Do the hip thing and vote, kay?

VOTE COMMENT & FAN