Chapter 21

Hey guys.... NEW CHAPTER!!!! WOOTWOOT!!

Alrighty....here it goes!

OH! And please vote and comment? It would mean the world to me <3

ENJOY

COMMENT VOTE & FAN

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"So I hope you two didn't make any plans for Sunday." My mom said at dinner. She looked entirely too excited.

   Tonight was roast beef night, so I could understand her excitement. Roast beef was good.

   "Why?" I asked.

   "We're going to go hiking! Luke and I decided that we haven't spent that much time as a family lately what with my promotion and everything. What do you kids think?" She was practically bouncing in her seat.

   I wanted to remind her that Luke wasn't actually part of the family but decided against it because that would be rude and I didn't have a problem with him. 

  I knew I didn't really want to go. Being around Jack lately has been incredibly awkward to the point where I can't even brush teeth with him at the same time. I didn't know how I was supposed to spend the entire day with him while we had nothing else around. No civilization, no cell phones, no internet...nothing but dirt.

   Jack and I were both silent for a minute before I finally mumbled, "sure."

   "Yeah, sounds great." Jack agreed. From the tone of his voice, it sounded anything but.

   "Great! Hayley and I will go shopping for a picnic tomorrow night. You're not busy, right Sweetie?" She asked before taking a long sip of her red wine.

  I was busy actually. I had a date with Conner. We were going to go ice skating because I told him that when I was little I wanted to be a professional ice skater. He told me he wanted to see if I had it.  

   "Um, well kind of..." 

   "Doing what?"

  "Hanging out with the girls." I came up with the excuse that I used every time I was with Conner.

  "You sure do hang out with them a lot lately." Jack muttered.

   Mom ignored him and said, "you can do that any night. Come on, Sweetie. Go shopping with me."