Chapter 12

Hey, Kittens:3 Guess what this is?

NEW CHAPTER. WOOTWOOT.

COMMENT VOTE & FAN

& ENJOY!

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Too slutty....too Nun-ish...too purple...too prom." Cassidy critiqued as I took dress after dress out of my closet. I had told Cassidy all about Conner and

I the night before when she slept over.
We had been sitting on my bed eating caramel corn and watching the beauty videos from YouTube and trying out everything they did we she had asked, "so, really. What's going on with you an Conner?"
"Uh," I had blushed, not knowing quite what to say.
"Oh, my God. You have to tell me!" She had yelled while slapping me with a rolled up Seventeen magazine.
"Fine, fine, fine. Well it all started on a Monday morning in the hallway..."
After I had explained the whole situation she squealed with eyes wide. I had blushed and looked down.
"Okay, fine. We don't have to talk about it. Let's talk about how Lucy tried to seduce Mike today. So there she is in a new outfit: short skirt, crop top, and heels. So he's standing there and she struts down the hallway, although she can't really walk in heels. So it was more like her stumbling down the hallway. But that doesn't matter, he's with Colton and Marcus and Mitchell talking about sports or farts or sex or whatever boys talk about. She walks, or stumbles, up to him and says and I quote, 'hey, there. You got something on your ass.' So of course, he looks down examining his bottom, finding nothing there he looks up confused. Only then does she continue her pick-up line. 'My eyes'. God, she actually said 'my eyes'. Lord, I had never laughed so hard." She grinned and I couldn't help but let out a little chuckle. Oh, Lucy. She was so clueless on how to get a man. Then again, so was I.

"Hmm.." I muttered, still looking through my closet. "What about this one?"
I pulled out a short, light pink dress. It was tight, but not too tight and had slightly darker sewn in patterns on flowers. It had a scoop neck and ending five inches above the knee. I had worn it to a tea party two years ago but I was sure it would still fit.
"Oh! That ones pretty! We could make your make up darker with that too because it's so light." She grinned.
I quickly slipped off my plaid pajama bottoms and loose white, v-neck shirt. I unzipped the dress and shimmied it on. It was as cute as I remembered it. Finding a pair of light brown, vintage heels, I quickly put them on. Cassidy had curled my hair to utter perfection and my hair now looked like hair that you would only find on a Victoria's Secret commercial. She started to do my make up making it smoky and thickening my lashes with some new mascara she bought from Sephora. My lipstick was a pale, matte pink.
"Damn, girly. You're like a sex Goddess. If I weren't straight as a pole and interested in your brother you know I would totally jump your bones right now."
I grinned at her, "awesome."
The doorbell rang downstairs. It was Conner. I looked at the clock. 7:00 PM. Who shows up for a seven o'clock date at seven o'clock. Everyone knows you show up at 7:10. God.
"Oh, my God! That's him! Have fun! I'll stay here and hang out with your brother." She winked at the end.
"Ewwwwwwww."

"Hi." I breathed when I finally got to the door.
Conner was in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black, button down shirt with his sleeves rolled up. His hair was slightly more groomed than usual but I still liked it. I have this theory. My theory being: Conner always looks good, no matter what he wears.
"Hey. You look absolutely stunning." He said in amazement. Only then did I realize that he was also staring at me with the same look I must have been giving him.
"Thanks. Should we get going?"
"Huh? Oh, yeah."
He quickly led me to his car, an old Ford truck and helped me into it. Such a gentalman.
"Can I turn on the radio?" I asked, after we had been driving for five minutes.
"Be my guest."
I quickly turned it on and switched it to one of my favorite radio stations.
We listened to the radio quietly for a while before he started humming.
   It was SO cute!
   "Are you trying to sing?" I asked, a teasing tone alight in my voice.
   "What? No! You are!" He looked so flushed that I let it go.
   "Come on, let's sing it together!"
    Then we both started belting out, I Write Sins not Tragedies.
When we finally got there we were both out of breath and our voices were slightly raspy. We decided to both order burgers and a milkshake to share as well as two large glasses of water. I could already feel myself start to drool at just the thought of a burger from Red Onion.
"God, I'm so hungry." I rubbed my stomach.
"Me, too. That's kind of why we went out to eat." He laughed.
I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless.
Our food came ten minutes later while we were having playful banter. He was just so...great. Everything he said was funny or smart or thoughtful or sweet or interesting. Or just a nice combination of all those.
When we left it was already almost nine o'clock. I quickly put on my light black coat as we headed to his car. He had his arm around my waist and let me tell you something: it felt good. Real good.
"So where to next?" I asked as we settled into the car and put our seatbelts on.
"You said you want to be a marine biologist, right?" He asked.
"Uh, yeah."
"Well tonight the aquarium is open until midnight and I thought we could go. There's a special seminar at 9:30. If you don't want to go, that's fine too. I just thought it was a good idea." He still hadn't put the key in ignition.
I smiled. God, he was so thoughtful. I wanted him so bad.
"Yeah, but you know what really sucks?" I asked, biting my lip.
"What?" He asked.
"That it's not proper to kiss before the end of the date."

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Next chapter is the end of the date and even, perhaps a kiss ;D

I hoped you all like it!

COMMENT VOTE & FAN